Looking for an easy to make and delicious Summer treat? Give this easy Banana Cream Pie recipe a go. SO good and a only a few ingredients!
Banana Cream Pie Recipe
Oh my word . . . you need to make this banana cream pie recipe this weekend!
I just mixed it up for our family and it is divine. I almost always make this Paula Deen Banana Pudding Recipe, but this one is in our Celebration Series Menu Plan, so I decided to do this one this morning, and I'm so glad I did!
Ingredients for Banana Cream Pie:
vanilla wafer crumbs
instant banana cream pudding mix
frozen whipped topping
Here's how to make this easy Banana Cream Pie:
Start by baking your crust ahead of time, so that it will have plenty of time to cool before adding your pudding filling.
To start making your crust, preheat your oven to 350 degrees, and then in a small bowl combine crushed vanilla wafers and sugar. Then stir in melted butter. Press the crumb mixture into a sprayed 9 inch pie pan. Bake for 8 minutes and then let cool completely.
As your pie crust is cooling, start your filling.
In a small bowl, combine the banana pudding mix and cold milk until well combined. Let this sit for about 2 minutes so that it can thicken.
Grab a large bowl and beat together cream cheese and sugar with an electric mixer until smooth. Fold in all of the pudding and half of the whipped topping. Add banana slices to the bottom of the cooled crust, and top with the banana cream filling. Spread the remaining whipped topping over the pie.
Allow the banana cream pie to set for 1 – 2 hours in the refrigerator before serving.
Tips for this pie:
It'll take you about 10 minutes to bake the pie crust ahead of time, then make sure to let it cool before adding your pudding filling. Here are a few other quick tips to make your banana cream pie finish up even faster:
- Use a food processor (I use one similar to this) to crush your vanilla wafers. Then add your sugar and melted butter in and mix process again to mix. your pie crust easily (and skip having to clean another bowl).
- Let your cream cheese soften on the countertop for 30 minutes before mixing so that your pudding mix blends more easily.
- Be sure to let your milk and pudding mixture stand for two minutes so that they thicken up prior to adding in cream cheese and whipped topping.
- Gently fold in your whipped topping and pudding mixture so that your banana pudding filling stays thick. If you over whip it, you'll end up with a slightly-more-sloppy pie. Ask me how I know. 🙂
Ready to make this one? Here we go!
Banana Cream Pie
- 1 3/4 cups vanilla wafer crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 3/4 cups cold milk
- 3.4 oz instant banana cream pudding mix
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 8 oz frozen whipped topping
- 2 bananas sliced
- 8 oz cream cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a small bowl, combine vanilla wafer crumbs and sugar; stir in melted butter.
- Press crumb mixture onto the bottom and up the sides of a sprayed 9-inch pie pan. Bake 8 minutes; let cool.
- In a small bowl, whisk together milk and pudding mix until combined. Let stand 2 minutes until slightly thickened.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar using an electric mixer until smooth. Fold in half of the whipped topping and all of the pudding.
- Add banana slices to bottom of crust; top with banana cream filling. Spread the remaining whipped topping over top.
- Refrigerate 1-2 hours or until set.
These celebration menu plans make the holidays amazingly easy and allow you to have the sweetest celebrations with your family! The set includes 72 different recipes along with grocery lists. It makes the big Holidays so much easier!
Needing some more family favorite recipes? Give these a try!
- broccoli cheese casserole
- corn casserole
- hash brown casserole
- slow cooker ham
- apple spinach salad with vanilla dressing
SIDES MENUS & GROCERY LIST!
Download your FREE sample menus now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.