If you've never made this delicious Paula Deen Banana Pudding Recipe before you have GOT to try this out. The best pudding ever and SO easy!
Paula Deen's “Not Your Momma's” Banana Pudding Recipe – SO GOOD!
One of our FAVORITE recipes at our home is Paula Deen's crazy good Banana Pudding recipe. Hopefully you have a few of the items in your pantry (or if you're like me you can pick up the store brand version of all of these items ~ I used Publix brand cream cheese, cool whip & vanilla wafers and it tasted simply amazing!)
A change that I usually make to the original recipe is to use vanilla wafers instead of Chessman cookies. Apparently Paula Deen is not the penny-pincher that I am, as Pepperidge Farm Chessman cookies are a weeeee bit on the pricy side. I decided Paula might just be proud that I picked up those store brand cookies instead. 😉
However, I made this Paula Deen Banana Pudding recipe a few weeks ago, and this time I went all out and bought the Pepperidge Farm Chessman Cookies….
Oh. my. word.
Wow – SO yummy!
Now, my hubby loves his traditional vanilla wafers better (he likes that they get a little soggy underneath the pudding.) But I'm telling you what, those buttery little Chessman were just fine by me, and I liked that they didn't turn soggy so soon. 😉
Find out why Paula calls it Not Your Momma's over HERE (I loved watching the video this morning) and you can even follow right along with her as she makes it. This recipe is fantastic, such a crowd pleaser, and absolutely a must-try-recipe for any banana pudding lover you know! Here are the directions so you can get started . . .
Paula Deen Banana Pudding Recipe
- 12- ounce container frozen whipped topping thawed or equal amount sweetened whip
- 14- ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 8- ounce package cream cheese softened
- 2 cup milk
- 5- ounce box instant French vanilla pudding I could only find plain old vanilla and that worked just fine!
- 6-8 bananas sliced
- 2 bags Pepperidge Farm Chessmen cookies or vanilla wafers
- Put a bag of cookies (or vanilla wafers) on the bottom of a 13x9x2 inch dish, then slice bananas and layer on top.
- Combine milk & pudding mix, and blend well using a mixer.
- In separate bowl, combine cream cheese & condensed milk and mix until smooth.
- Gently add in whipped topping to cream cheese mixture.
- Mix cream cheese mixture with pudding mixture and stir until well blended.
- Pour mixture over the cookies & bananas, and then cover with another layer of cookies.
- Put in refrigerator until ready to serve. Enjoy!
And, if you love banana recipes like me, be sure to try out this Banana Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting. I'm thinking it will be my next big treat to make as it's been awhile since we've had it. Yum!
LOW CALORIE MENU PLAN SAMPLE!
Download 3 FREE recipes from the low calorie menu plan NOW!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.