Goodness, I love dinnertime so much more when I have a menu plan in place! This week we started off our meals with this Zesty Grilled Chicken and Zucchini, and just having my grocery list prepped and meals planned made my life (and my family!) a wee bit happier.
This Zesty Grilled Chicken recipe is so simple, and one of those easy recipes that I know everyone will like. The big bonus? It's good for us too.
As we drove home last Monday from the 4th of July weekend I ordered groceries to make most of the low cal meals from week 10 (I order groceries using Instacart or Kroger Clicklist), and in under 30 minutes my meals were planned and grocery shopping done. I usually spend around $100 each week on groceries (I add hearty salads to most of our meals along with a side of bread or fresh veggies in the summertime), and dinner is done. I love that!
Because yesterday was a Freezer Friday (watch it here ~ gosh I secretly love Freezer Fridays!), I planned meals for early in the week but knew we'd have plenty of food for this weekend too.
So I pulled my low cal recipe cards together, made most of them here (we ended up making the mini meatloaves, chicken and bacon kabobs and arugula salad which were alll so good. I'll get those recipes posted soon, but in the meantime you can find them in week 10 of our low cal meals pack.) We ended up skipping the balsamic beef this week, but will make that one soon!
I can't even begin to tell you how much happier and more in control I feel when I simply take a few minutes to plan dinner out each week and get my grocery shopping done. (As a working mom especially in the summertime, the gift of Kroger shoppers and Instacart are the happpiest service I use. I love that they just bring me everything I need!)
If you're struggling with menu planning and don't feel like your family is eating well this summer, try out our menu plans and determine to make some yummy food this week. I promise you'll save a bundle, your home will feel a little happier, and your family will thank you. I'm right over here cheering for you!
Zesty Grilled Chicken and Zucchini
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 (.7 oz) pkgs dry Italian dressing mix
- ⅔ cup olive oil
- ⅔ cup lemon juice
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 medium zucchini
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- kosher salt
- Add chicken, Italian dressing mix, olive oil, lemon juice and garlic to a large zip-top bag. Knead bag to mix well. Marinate in the refrigerator at least 2 hours and up to 2 days.
- Meanwhile, wash and slice zucchini lengthwise into fourths and toss with olive oil, kosher salt and pepper; set aside.
- When ready to cook, preheat the grill to medium-high heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Place chicken breasts and zucchini on the grill and cook about 5-7 minutes per side.
- Serve grilled zucchini alongside chicken.
- Note: Reserve half of grilled chicken breasts for arugula salad with berries and grilled chicken.
SCHOOL SUPPLY PRICE CHEAT SHEET!
Download your FREE cheat sheet now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.