Looking for a delicious slow cooker chicken and dressing recipe? Try this crockpot chicken and stuffing – It comes together in no time!
Easy Slow Cooker Chicken & Dressing Recipe
This recipe is an oldie but a goodie – and gets a hearty dinner on the table in no time!
This is one of those meals we hardly ever have at our house, but it's my husband's favorite so I do occasionally make it up.
Using my slow cooker once a week is oh-so-worth it so I decided to make this in the crockpot and it turned out great! If you need a super easy meal mixed up in 5 minutes, this one's for you. Such a great way to get dinner done in a pinch!
I found this recipe years ago in a ladies church cookbook, so you know it's gotta be good. It's one of those yummy warm meals to enjoy as it's cooling down, and when I made it last night my kids begged for more (that doesn't happen often around here!)
If you have cooked chicken that you've already shredded, this recipe is easy, and even if you don't you'll just have to cook your chicken and dump the ingredients in your casserole dish (well, there is an order to it, but it really is just dumping!)
Here's what you'll need to get started. . .
Crock Pot Chicken and Stuffing
I LOVE how easy this recipe is – and how simple it is to customize for your family!
You could customize this recipe by adding in vegetables to make it more of a deconstructed pot pie. If you do add veggies, I would place them UNDER the chicken breasts.
It's also super economical – a box of stuffing will only cost you around $1 and you can even get Perdue Chicken Breast delivered to your door (note this price has increased quite a bit since we originally posted). You can even make your OWN Homemade Cream of Chicken Soup from scratch – wow!
Slow Cooker Chicken & Dressing
- slow cooker
- 1 can cream of chicken soup (reduced fat is fine)
- 4-6 boneless skinless chicken breasts (I used 4 the last time and for our family of 5 that wasn't nearly enough - will definitely add in 6 next time!)
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 6 oz box dry stuffing/dressing mix (Stovetop style)
- Place chicken breast in the bottom of the crockpot (frozen chicken breast works fine too, just add a little extra cooking time).
- Pour soup on top of the chicken breast.
- In a bowl, mix together melted butter & water and add in dressing mix.
- Pour Dressing mixture over the chicken and cream soup.
- Cook on low for 4 hours
TIP: Reader Debbie asked if you could add small red potatoes cut in half under the chicken. I think that would be a scrumptious addition and help stretch it to feed bigger eaters or more kids.
Love slow cooker recipes like this crockpot chicken and stuffing? Here are 5 reasons you need to use your slow cooker every single week + 17 recipes to help you get started.
CELEBRATION MENUS & GROCERY LIST!
Download your FREE sample menus today!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.