Looking for more penny pinched recipes? Here you go!
This is one of those meals we hardly ever have at our house, but it's my husband's favorite so I made it this week. (Honestly, he likes this one even better but using my slow cooker once a week is oh-so-worth it so I decided to make the slow cooker version instead.)
If you need a super easy meal mixed up in 5 minutes, this one's for you. Such a great way to get dinner done in a pinch!
Slow Cooker Chicken & Dressing
- 1 can cream of chicken soup (reduced fat is fine)
- 4 – 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts (I used 4 the last time and for our family of 5 that wasn't nearly enough – will definitely add in 6 next time!)
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup margarine, melted (I'm betting you could use just a tablespoon if you'd like to reduce the calories)
- 6 oz. package dressing
- Place chicken breast in the bottom of the crockpot (frozen chicken breast is fine also, you may just want to add a little extra cooking time but I think it makes the meat more tender)
- Pour soup on top of the chicken breast.
- Mix together melted margarine and water. Stir in dressing.
- Pour dressing mixture over the chicken and soup.
- Cook on low for four hours in the crockpot.
Love slow cooker recipes? Here are 5 reasons you need to use your slow cooker every single week + 17 recipes to help you get started.
If you need a little more menu inspiration, go HERE.
CHRISTMAS MADE EASY!
Download your FREE Ultimate Christmas Checklist now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.