Need a yummy meal at your house this week? This Chicken and Dumpling Casserole is one of our family's favorites.
The other night I cooked a whole chicken using my favorite recipe Roast Sticky Rotisserie Style Chicken. I love that I can get two or three great meals from a whole chicken.
This recipe is the ultimate comfort food! I know your family will love it as much as mine does and I'm betting you have everything you need to make it right in your pantry.
Chicken and Dumpling Casserole
- 1 stick butter
- 3-4 cups cooked chicken
- 1/2 tsp. seasoning salt
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups Bisquick or self-rising flour
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 bouillion cube
- 1/2 t. dried sage
- 1/2 t. black pepper if desired.
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Melt butter in 9x13 pan in oven.
- Layer cooked chicken over melted butter in the bottom of your baking dish
- Sprinkle with black pepper (optional) and 1/2 tsp. seasoning salt
- Mix together milk and Bisquick or flour (we used self-rising flour and it worked just fine!)
- Gently pour Bisquick mixture over chicken.
- Whisk chicken broth, sage, bouillion cube and cream of chicken soup, then slowly pour over Bisquick layer (I heated my broth to help disolve the bouillion cube before mixing.)
- Bake at 400 for 30-40 minutes, until golden brown & bubbly.
Here are a few more recipes to use up any leftover chicken:
If you need a little more menu inspiration, go HERE.
2021 Home Planner SNEAK PEEK!
Download your FREE 2021 Home Planner SNEAK PEEK now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.