These Tuscan Shrimp Foil Packets taste delicious and are so easy to prepare on the grill. Get ready for gourmet flavor for the Summer!
Tuscan Shrimp Foil Packets
These delicious shrimp foil packets feature Tuscan flavors and they're so easy to put together and make! We chose to grill them, but you could easily pop them in the oven and bake them up too. Feel free to experiment with the seasonings once you've made the original recipe – there is so many ways to make this dish your own!
Ingredients Needed for Shrimp Foil Packets:
- Grape Tomatoes
- Heavy Cream
- Parmesan Cheese
Making these foil packets is SO easy. Mix your large shrimp (you could use frozen shrimp, just thaw before and make sure that they are drained well!), seasonings (we used garlic, Italian seasoning, and crushed red pepper, but you could use old bay seasoning, cajun seasoning, sundried tomatoes), olive oil, and tomatoes together in a large bowl.
Place the shrimp mixture on the cut pieces of foil. If you prefer, you can also season with salt and pepper before topping with your grated parmesan and cream. Fold up the foil packets and then you'll be ready to grill up your meal!
How to grill shrimp in foil:
Shrimp is quick cooking so this recipe is great for a fast grill meal. You can also prep these shrimp foil packets ahead of time.
The key to perfect shrimp in foil is to be sure the foil covers the shrimp completely. This seals the shrimp in so it can steam inside the foil. You'll typically also want some type of liquid, oil, or butter inside the packet with the shrimp. It just takes a bit.
Our Tuscan Shrimp Foil Packets have both melted butter and just a tablespoon of heavy cream in each packet to provide moisture and added fats.
Shrimp needs just a few minutes on the grill. About 10 minutes should do it. There is no need to flip the packets since the steam will cook the shrimp through. After just a few steps, you'll have a restaurant quality meal ready to put on the table!
What goes with shrimp foil packets?
Since you'll already be grilling I always like to do my sides on the grill as well. These Easy Grilled Vegetables and this Mexican Street Corn are wonderful compliments to the Tuscan Shrimp Packets. You could also just have some pasta and a BIG salad with these.
A few other ideas that are SUPER easy to have with this meal:
- Easy Crock Pot Baked Potatoes
- Red Lobster Cheddar Biscuits
- Sweet and Savory Broccoli Salad
- Macaroni Grill Rosemary Bread
- Corn Casserole
- Red Potatoes
Tuscan Style Shrimp Foil Packets
- 1 ½ lbs large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 ½ cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 6 Tbsps melted butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 ½ tsps Italian seasoning
- pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 6 Tbsps heavy cream
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat grill to medium-high. In a large bowl, toss together shrimp, tomatoes, melted butter, garlic and Italian seasoning. Season with salt, pepper and a pinch of red pepper flakes.
- Cut 6 large pieces of heavy-duty foil about 10 inches long. Divide shrimp mixture between foil pieces and pour 1 tablespoon cream over each packet. Top with about 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese for each packet and fold foil crosswise to completely cover shrimp. Tightly fold up the ends to seal.
- Place foil packets on the grill. Cook until shrimp is cooked through and the tomatoes just start to burst, about 10 minutes.
- To serve, carefully unseal foil and top with additional Parmesan cheese and basil, if desired.
Can you make this meal in the oven?
If you don't want to fire up your grill, you can definitely make these shrimp foil packets in the oven as well. Preheat your oven and cook on medium high heat for about 10 – 15 minutes or until the shrimp is cooked through.
Looking for more yummy meals? This recipe is from week nine of our summer menu plans, including this meal + 59 other AMAZING recipes (and 12 desserts too)! You'll also get lifetime membership in our private Facebook group, full of other families encouraging one another to make dinner each night together too. (We should have the physical Summer Menu Plan boxes in stock later this year!)
These are the BEST MENU PLANS on the planet (and, the only menu plan that ship all the grocery lists, menu plans and recipe cards right out to you ~ no downloading or hunting down recipes on your phone at dinnertime ever again!) Go HERE to learn more. I know you're going to love these!
If you need a little more menu inspiration, go HERE.
LOW CALORIE MENU PLAN SAMPLE!
Download 3 FREE recipes from the low calorie menu plan NOW!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.