Looking for more penny pinched recipes? Here you go!
Looking for a simple & penny pinched meal this week? I found this Lazy Lasagna over on All Recipes (love that place. . .), and it made such an easy meal to throw together on a busy night. While I love “real” lasagna (or even some almost-Homemade Lasagna) this worked pretty well, and was in the oven in under 10 minutes (which sure came in handy during this busy Christmas season. Whew!)
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion chopped finely
- 28 oz spaghetti sauce
- 3 pounds prepared ravioli
- 4 cups shredded Mozzarella
- Thaw out ravioli if frozen.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Brown ground beef and cook onion over medium heat until cooked through.
- Pour in spaghetti sauce and simmer for five minutes.
- Cover the bottom of a 9x13 pan with thin layer of meat sauce mixture.
- Add half the ravioli in one layer.
- Cover with half of the remaining meat sauce.
- Layer 2 cups mozzarella cheese.
- Add another layer of ravioli.
- Cover with remaining spaghetti sauce.
- Top with remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake in preheated oven for 40-45 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake an additional 5-10 minutes, until cheese is melted on top and lasagna is cooked through.
Here are the best sales I see to watch for this week (as of 12/3/13):
- Celentano Cheese Ravioli BOGO $3.99 at Publix, Use $1/1 coupon from the Get the Savings Booklet
- Bertolli Sauce $2 at Publix
- Publix Shredded Cheese on sale $2.50, use $1.25/1 Market Pantry Cheese if your store accepts Target as a competitor
- Celentano Cheese Ravioli BOGO $6.29 at Winn Dixie, Use $1/1 coupon from the Get the Savings Booklet if your store accepts Publix as a competitor
- Kroger Cheese 16 oz. $2.99
- Kroger Ground Beef $6.87, sold in 3 lb. rolls
You may want to also try out these Chicken Alfredo Lasagna Roll Ups ~ one of my favorites!
SUMMER MENUS & GROCERY LIST!
Download your FREE summer menus & grocery list now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.