Need a good homemade chocolate cake mix? If you were a fan of the homemade yellow cake mix recipe we posted a few weeks ago then you're going to go gaga over this one! Yum, Yum!! 🙂
Homemade Chocolate Cake Mix
My family is very happy tonight, haha! This homemade chocolate cake was a big hit and I even cheated with a store bought frosting.
Shhhhh, don't tell!
You'll definitely want to add this to your pantry when you see how simple (I'm talking ridiculously easy) this one is to whip up. 🙂
Homemade Chocolate Cake Mix Directions
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 cups white sugar
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup salted butter, melted
- 1 1/3 cups hot water (or hot coffee)
To make mix: combine flour, sugar cocoa powder, baking soda and baking powder; mix well.
Store until ready to use.
Instructions When Ready to Prepare Cake Batter:
1. Add cake mix to a large mixing bowl. Add eggs, melted butter and water. Blend until well combined.
2. Pour batter into greased and floured cake or muffin pans.
3. Preheat oven to 350°F. Bake according to times below.
4. Cool cake before frosting.
- 13″ x 9″ cake pan – bake about 35 minutes.
- 8″x 8″ round cake pans – bake about 30 minutes.
- Bundt pan – bake about 45 minutes.
- Cupcakes – bake about 18 minutes.
I used a store bought frosting for this one, but a chocolate buttercream icing like this one would be fabulous.
I can't wait to try this one using coffee instead of water. ☕️☕️ Then I can eat it for breakfast, right??? 😜
Chocolate Lovers Unite!!! ❤️
Looking for more recipes like this?
- Homemade Yellow Cake Mix (Pantry Staple!)
- Homemade Barbecue Sauce
- Dry Rub Recipe
- Homemade Brownie Mix
- Italian Dressing Mix
- Homemade Taco Seasoning
- Homemade Cream Soup Substitute
- Ranch Dressing Mix
- Homemade Bisquick Mix