DO NOT miss this family favorite meal – Honey Mustard Chicken! We make this on the grill after doing a delicious chicken marinade, and the best part is you can cook it ONCE, but make a meal from it TWICE. SO SO GOOD!
Honey Mustard Chicken – SO GOOD on the Grill!
Goodness, dinner is the happiest in our home these days!
I've been working hard to make some of our family favorite meals before things get TOO crazy with our schedules this year. This chicken on the grill is simply perfection.
It's SO simple to prep too. If you'd like, grill a bunch of chicken the first night you make it, then the next night use your extra chicken for a salad.
Two meals with one night of cooking? Sign me up!
🍴 TIP: You can also find this recipe in Week 9 of our Summer Menu Planning Made Easy Set!
I was actually in a hurry so just broiled the chicken in my oven this time, but this honey mustard chicken is truly so good on the grill too!
Once you've marinated your chicken, you can broil it in the oven, grill it, or even saute on the stovetop, and it makes such a fast simple protein in just a few minutes.
Here are a few simple serving suggestions for busy weeknights once you've prepped your chicken:
- Honey Mustard Chicken with stuffed baked potatoes
- Salad and Honey Mustard Chicken with homemade honey mustard dressing (see directions below)
- Honey Mustard Chicken Sandwich (make it like this Cracker Barrel Chicken Tenderloin sandwich ~ so so good!)
- Honey Mustard Chicken with fresh fruit and homemade bread
The options are endless ~ just mix up your marinade and get cooking!
Ingredients for Honey Mustard Chicken Marinade:
- Whole Grain Mustard
- Dijon Mustard
- Olive Oil
- Apple Cider Vinegar
Honey Mustard Chicken
- 4 lb Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2/3 cup Honey
- 6 Tbsp Whole Grain Mustard
- 4 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 3 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 3 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 Cloves Garlic Minced
- In a medium size bowl, whisk together honey, mustards, olive oil, vinegar, and garlic. Set aside.
- If needed, cut chicken breasts into smaller pieces; place in a large zip-top bag. Pour half of marinade over chicken breasts. Knead to combine and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Preheat grill to medium-heat. Using tongs, place chicken breasts on the grill. Cover and cook for 5 - 7 minutes. Turn breasts over and grill for 5 - 7 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- NOTE: Reserve remaining marinade and half of grilled chicken for the honey mustard chicken tossed salad recipe (Week 9 of Summer Meals!)
Also, since you've also taken the time to make the chicken – you can save half of this recipe and make an entire other meal!
Use the remaining items to make this Grilled Honey Mustard Chicken Tossed Salad (it's also from our Summer Menu plan – week 9!). It's SO delicious and super quick since you have the protein done already.
Ingredients for Grilled Honey Mustard Chicken Tossed Salad:
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts, Grilled from above recipe – 2 lb
- Bacon, Fully Cooked – 2.5 oz
- Romaine Lettuce, Chopped – 8 cups or more
- Grape Tomatoes, Chopped – 1 Cup
- Avocados, Pitted and Sliced – 2 Whole
- Corn Kernels, Removed from 2 Cobs – 2 Cups
- Cucumber, Peeled and Cubed – 1 Whole
- Red Onion, Sliced – 1/2 Onion
- Reserved Honey Mustard Dressing (from the recipe above)
How to build your salad:
Start by warming and slicing your chicken breasts. Cook the bacon according to the package directions and crumble.
Next, grab a large bowl and toss together all salad ingredients. Divide among individual serving plates and drizzle with desired amount of honey mustard dressing.
Looking for more yummy meals like this Honey Mustard Chicken? This recipe is from week nine of our summer menu plans. They include 60 amazing dinner recipes and 12 desserts too! You also get access to our private Facebook group – full of tips and tricks for all of these meals.
Here are some other dinner recipes you may enjoy!
CELEBRATION MENUS & GROCERY LIST!
Download your FREE sample menus today!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.