This is probably my favorite time saving tip to get dinner on the table fast, and when we enjoyed some of this chicken over the weekend I knew I had to re-share it with you. The best part is that Publix, Kroger and Winn Dixie all have their boneless skinless chicken breast on sale Buy One Get One Free this week, so it's a great time to stock up, freeze the chicken in the marinade, and have dinner ready any night you need it.
If I see chicken on sale at a really good price, I buy several pounds, mix up the marinade and pour over the chicken, then pop the chicken in the freezer in freezer safe plastic bags. When I know it's going to be hard to pull dinner together in a hurry, I just put the chicken in the fridge in the morning to thaw, and throw it on the grill or broil it in the oven.
Can't beat that for easy, and it saves us a trip through the drive thru! Here's the recipe so you can make some too:
Easy Chicken Marinade
- 4-6 chicken breasts
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt (I usually use coarse Kosher salt, but regular table salt will work fine too)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- Poke a few holes in your chicken so that marinade soaks into the meat.
- Place chicken in plastic bag, mix remaining ingredients. Pour marinade over chicken.
- Refrigerate at least four hours, or freeze until ready to use. (I've frozen it for up to six months.)
- If you’re able, thaw out in refrigerator the morning you’re planning to grill it. (You could also thaw in microwave before grilling.)
- To grill, cook over medium low heat 6 minutes on each side, or until juices run clear.
- To broil, broil on low for 20-30 minutes, until juices run clear.
Here's our penny pinched meal over the weekend . . . I spent just $3.49 to feed our family of five!
These are the best prices on chicken that you'll want to pick up this week:
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast BOGO at Publix – makes it $2.29/lb.
- Perdue Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast BOGO at Kroger
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast BOGO at Winn Dixie – makes it $1.99/lb.
- Market Pantry Frozen Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast $5 at Target
This post is linked to Real Kitchen Life & Beyond's Fabulous Frugal Living. Thanks to I Heart Publix for the coupon matchups, and check out $5 Dinner Mom for more bargain meal deals! If you need a little more menu inspiration, go HERE.
SUMMER MENUS & GROCERY LIST!
Download your FREE summer menus & grocery list now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.