Looking for more penny pinched recipes? Here you go!
Honey Garlic Grilled Chicken Marinade
You have got to make this grilled chicken recipe (and meal!) this week.
🍴 TIP: You can also find this recipe in Week 5 of our Summer Menu Planning Made Easy Set!
This summer we've been making a point to have at least one (or two!) big meals as a family, and this grilled chicken marinade was hands down one of our favorite meals.
(We love this easy chicken marinade too if you need a few another one-more-way-to-grill-chicken recipe).
Our son Jackson is living on campus this summer about 25 minutes away, so every Sunday I text our little family to find out when we're planning dinner, and spend one day each week making oodles of their favorite food. Since Caroline's heading a little farther away to college (um, next week . . . my heart!), they all know better make their momma happy and come right home for dinner at least once a week.
So I'm making all the food, saving a bunch of money (and time!) eating out, and savoring each meal of summer as the weeks dwindle down a wee bit too quickly.
I've been using the PPP Menu Planning Made Easy Summer Series Box (they are so, SO good!), and I love how simple it is to pull together a fancy meal easily, any day of the week. We're hoping to have these boxes back in stock this week (WOOHOO!), and they might just be my favorite set of meals. (They are definitely my husband's favorite. He loves all the happy grilling food!)
View this post on Instagram
I pulled the honey garlic grilled chicken marinade together in the morning, added a whole lot of yummy sides, and goodness, my hungry family was pretty happy around the table on a plain old Tuesday night.
It's rare to get my family all together fast at dinner for a picture. Here's the best they can do. 🤪
This bunch wears out pretty fast waiting for food photos (they're all hangry by the time dinner rolls around!) So, I didn't get more pictures of the honey garlic grilled chicken, but just trust me ~ it was good. If you need an easy grilled chicken marinade recipe that everyone will love, you've found it right here in a super quick chicken marinade that you can throw together in five minutes flat! (WOOHOO!)
Honey Garlic Grilled Chicken Marinade
- 4 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup honey
- 4 cloves garlic
- Combine olive oil, soy sauce, honey and garlic in a large zip-top bag. Add chicken breasts and turn to coat. Refrigerate and marinate breasts for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat grill to medium-heat. Using tongs, place chicken breasts on the grill. Cover and grill 5-7 minutes. Turn breasts over and grill 5-7 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 165°F.
- (If you don't want to grill this recipe, you can also broil in oven for 7-10 minutes or saute over medium high heat on stovetop for 7-10 minutes.)
Here's what I served with it:
- BEST EVER Salad (find the recipe HERE ~ my friend Cheree sent me it as one that we're testing for a new menu plan, and oh my gosh was it AMAZING. You've gotta make this salad. Just sayin'.
- Slow Cooker Creamed Corn (this was another testing recipe ~ you're going to love this one too but you'll have to wait for this recipe coming soon!)
- Fresh bread
- Sheet pan veggies (I used one of those PictSweet frozen sheet pan bags of veggies from Kroger. My husband loved it. Kids hated it. I'd rather eat salad so didn't waste an ounce of calories because really, just give me all the happy salad!)
- Apple dumplings for dessert
For the record, we do NOT eat like this all that often (I wish ~ and so does my family but our waistlines couldn't take it!) But especially in the summertime, it's nice to plan one big meal a few times a week, then eat on the leftovers for a few days. It's easy, gives us a reason to hang out together, and I sure love that dinner is done.
If you're struggling with coming up with yummy menus this week, definitely check out our Summer Menu Plans Pack over HERE. I promise your family will love them (if you're unsure, just read the reviews!), and they'll make planning dinner fast even on crazy busy days. Pull out a week on Sunday, grab your groceries, and eat good food all week long. I promise it's worth it ~ and will save a bundle at the drive thru lane. I love that and I'm betting you and your family will love it too. 🥰
Looking for more chicken recipe ideas?
CELEBRATION MENUS & GROCERY LIST!
Download your FREE sample menus today!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.