FREE 5 Ingredients or Less
Menus Sneak Peek!
If you're looking for a delicious side dish, try these Deviled Eggs! This deviled egg recipe is SIMPLE, and you likely have all items already!
Deviled Eggs – Perfect for Summer Picnics!
Deviled eggs are a classic treat for Easter and Christmas, but they really are something you can have at any time. With Summer right around the corner, deviled eggs are a great item to have on hand or to bring to barbecues.
This recipe is easy to make, you likely have most of the ingredients on hand, and you can make these ahead of time. Plus, this deviled eggs recipe can also easily be doubled if you're feeding a large crew!
How long to boil eggs for deviled eggs?
Making delicious deviled eggs starts with a well boiled egg. There are oodles of different ways to do this!
MENU TIP: This amazing recipe is from our SIDES Menu Planning Made Easy Box set!
How to hard boil eggs in a saucepan:
- Place your eggs in a saucepan and cover with water
- Put the pan on high heat and bring to a rolling boil
- Place the saucepan lid on the pot and let stand for around 15 minutes
- Remove eggs from hot water and place directly into ice bath until cooled
- Once cooled, peel the eggs
How to hard boil eggs in the oven:
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees
- Place eggs in a muffin tin
- Place muffin tin in pre-heated oven for 30 minutes
- Remove eggs from muffin tin and place directly into ice bath until cooled
- Once cooled, peel the eggs
- Place eggs in the bottom of your crockpot
- Cover eggs with lukewarm water
- Cook on low setting for 3 1/2 hours
- Remove from heat and place in an ice bath of cool water until the eggs have cooled
- Place eggs in the bottom of your instant pot on top of the trivet (this should have come with your machine)
- Add 1 cup of water
- Lock lid into place and pressure cook on manual high pressure for 5 minutes, then natural release for 5 minutes
- Remove and place in an ice cold water bath for 5 minutes until eggs have cooled
How do you make deviled eggs?
Start with your cooked eggs using your favorite method listed above. You'll then want to cut the eggs in half lengthwise, and then remove the yolk from the egg white.
Smash your yolks in a medium bowl, and then add mayonnaise, vinegar, mustard, salt, and pepper. Mix well to create your egg yolk mixture.
Next, place your mixture into either a piping bag or a Ziploc bag. Be sure that your mixture of yolks is finely chopped or very well mixed so that the mixture does not get stuck. You can use a star tipped piping attachment if you want your deviled eggs to look really fancy!
Pipe the yolk mixture into your egg whites and then place on a serving platter. Top with smoked Spanish paprika for garnish.
Feel free to add in extra toppings of your choice – anything from avocado, sriracha, bacon, chives – I've even heard of using a little apple cider vinegar dash or pickle juice!
How long are deviled eggs good for?
Deviled Eggs will last up to 2 days in the refrigerator once prepared. This is so nice to be able to make up this deviled egg recipe a few days in advance.
However, since hard boiled eggs can last up to a week in the refrigerator, you can do most of your prep for this recipe WELL ahead of time. If you are going to hard boil your eggs more than a day prior to making your deviled eggs, it's best to keep them in their shells until you are ready to use them.
If you have leftovers of the Deviled Eggs (my family NEVER does – but if you do!), you could also easily turn this into Egg Salad and get a few more meals out of the recipe.
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp distilled white vinegar
- 1 tsp yellow mustard
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- smoked Spanish paprika for garnish
- In a saucepan, place eggs in a single layer and cover with water upto 1 1⁄2-inches over the eggs. Heat on high until water begins toboil, cover, turn heat to low and cook 1 minute. Remove from heat,cover and let stand 14 minutes. Immediately rinse under cold waterfor at least 1 minute.
- Crack egg shells, and peel carefully under cool running water. Drythoroughly. Slice eggs in half lengthwise, remove yolks and add to amedium bowl. Place egg whites onto a serving platter.
- Using a fork, mash yolks to a fine crumble. Add mayonnaise,vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper; mix well.
- Top each egg white with a heaping teaspoon of the yolk mixture.Sprinkle with paprika to serve.
Looking for more penny pinched recipes? Here you go!
Looking for more side dish recipe ideas?
Check out our new Side Dish Menu Plans for 72 amazing side dish recipes including this amazing recipe.
5 INGREDIENTS MENU PLAN SAMPLE
Download your FREE recipes now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.