Easter Eggs In The Instant Pot
If you have an Instant Pot, you may have already found out how handy it is for hard boiling eggs. But maybe you haven't thought about dyeing eggs in it as well! PPP Team Member Cheree spent the last week busily trying out all sorts of Instant Pot Easter Egg recipes – here's a traditional Easter egg dyeing method adapted for the Instant Pot. 🙂
I was curious to see if you could really dye eggs the traditional way (with food coloring) in the Instant Pot. Turns out, you can!!
I'm so excited to share this with you because being new to the Instant Pot, I had no idea. Don't have an Instant Pot, no problem – you can use the dying steps with plain ole hard boiled eggs as well! 🙂
Instructions for How to Dye Easter Eggs in the Instant Pot
- Food Coloring
- Instant Pot Trivet (this should come with your Instant Pot)
- Place the trivet in the bottom of the instant pot and add 1 cup water.
- Place an egg in each ramekin and add 10-12 drops food coloring and 3 tablespoons vinegar to each ramekin.
- Fill ramekin with water to cover egg; repeat steps for up to 6 ramekins per batch.
- Place ramekins in the instant pot (3 on the bottom and another 3 stacked on top).
- Lock lid into place and use the manual high pressure for 5 minutes.
- Allow the instant pot to natural release for 5 minutes.
- Fill a large bowl with ice water.
- Do a quick release for the remaining pressure and immediately place eggs into the ice bath for an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove the eggs from the ice bath and allow to dry.
These were super easy! This technique has instant results just like traditionally dying eggs. If you prefer darker colors, you can let the eggs sit in the dye for a longer time. Be creative with mixing the food coloring to create some fun and unique colors! 🌷
Looking for some more Easter decorating ideas??? Here ya go! ❤
SUMMER MENUS & GROCERY LIST!
Download your FREE summer menus & grocery list now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.