This is our ridiculously silly egg tray that my daughters helped make last year at one of those paint-your-own-pottery places. The chicks are my girls' thumb prints… and my sweet niece painted the rest of the chicks for us! 🙂
My mother-in-law makes the best deviled eggs. Ever. When I realized we'll be home this year for Easter (meaning none of those yummy eggs . . . ), I knew I needed to find a good recipe! Because she's made them forever, she just kind of makes them as she goes along, and has no recipe. EEK!
Last night I decided to try out this Paula Deen recipe to see if it comes anywhere close, and they were just perfect. Here's how to make them if they're on your menu plan this Easter (but you're not sure of the recipe either . . .)
Paula Deen's Deviled Eggs recipe courtesy of Food Network
- 7 large eggs, hard boiled and peeled Use $0.55/2 Incredible Edible Eggs printable
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise BOGO $4.70 at Publix, use $1/1 Hellmann’s Product or $.60/1, $1/1 Hellman's Mayonnaise 3/25/12 RP
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish Mt. Olive Relish BOGO $2.90, use $1/1, $0.75/1 Mt. Olive Pickles, Peppers or Relish Product, exp. 4/8/12 (SS 01/22/12 R)
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard Use $0.30/1 French's Classic Yellow or Spicy Brown Mustard, exp. 5/31/12 (SS 03/25/12)
- Salt and pepper, for taste
- Paprika, for garnishing
- Slice eggs in half lengthwise. Put yolks in small mixing bowls.
- Mash yolks with a fork, then add mayonaise, pickle relish & mustard.
- Add salt & pepper to taste.
- Fill egg whites with the yolk mixture and garnish with paprika.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.