FREE 5 Ingredients or Less
Menus Sneak Peek!
Check out this delicious and easy Chicken Tortilla Soup Recipe – most items you probably have on hand. You can make it in the Crock Pot too!
Chicken Tortilla Soup Recipe – SO EASY!
You guys – I just LOVED this recipe. My family loved it too which is a huge bonus.
It is SO good and such an easy comfort soup to whip up. Most items you likely already have in your pantry. Top with some shredded cheese and tortillas – YUM!
I pre-cooked a ton of chicken that I got a few weeks ago on sale (y'all, making it myself saved me a bundle), but you can use canned chicken, buy a rotisserie chicken, or make it yourself too. Super simple, and if you want to make this Chicken Tortilla Soup a little more “man” approved, add some sour cream and tortilla chips as toppings.
One of the best parts about this recipe is that you can make it VERY quick (30 minutes or less!) and you have the option to do it in a stockpot on the stove or you can throw everything in the slow cooker and let it simmer. The toppings you can add are endless too, so you really can customize this to what your family likes.
Ingredients for this Chicken Tortilla Soup Recipe:
- canned corn
- canned black beans
- chicken broth
- chicken breast cooked and shredded or canned chicken breast
- diced tomatoes with green chiles
- cream of chicken soup (or make your own Homemade Cream Soup)
- Spices: garlic powder, chili powder, or onion powder (season to taste!)
- sour cream
- tortilla chips or homemade tortilla strips
- shredded cheese
- fresh cilantro
- green chiles
- chili powder
How to Make Chicken Tortilla Soup in the Crock Pot
This is absolutely one of the easiest soups to make in your slow cooker!
Just open up the cans, drain the corn, beans, and the diced tomatoes, then dump EVERYTHING in together in the crock pot.
Cook in your slow cooker on low for 3 – 4 hours and you are DONE.
Stovetop directions for Chicken Tortilla Soup:
If you're in a hurry or don't have a slow cooker to use for this meal, you can easily make it on the stove top. Just grab a large stock pot and place all ingredients into the pot (again, draining the corn, beans, and tomatoes). Cook until all ingredients are warmed through and enjoy!
Chicken Tortilla Soup
- 1 15 oz Canned Whole Kernel Corn Drained
- 2 14.5 oz Chicken Broth Use Low Sodium if Preferred
- 1 10 oz Chunk Canned Chicken or 1 Cup Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast Cooked
- 1 15 oz Canned Black Beans Drained
- 1 10 oz Canned Diced Tomatoes with Green Chile Peppers Drained
- 1 10 oz Cream of Chicken Soup
- Optional Spices: Garlic Powder, Chili Powder, Onion Powder Season to taste!
- Sour Cream Optional for topping
- Tortilla Chips or Homemade Tortilla Strips Optional for topping
- Shredded Cheese Optional for topping
- Avocado Optional for topping
- Green Chilies
- Open the cans of corn, chicken broth, chunk chicken, black beans, and diced tomatoes
- Pour everything into a large saucepan or stock pot (or you can put in a slow cooker too for 3 - 4 hours)
- Cook everything together over medium heat or until heated throughout
- Top with any toppings you like and enjoy!
If you happen to be doing 21 Day Fix – here are the equivalents for this Chicken Tortilla Soup – makes 4-6 servings, 1 serving = 1/2 purple, 1 yellow, 1 red (make sure to use enough to chicken to count as a full serving of chicken)
Here are some more family friendly soups you may enjoy:
5 INGREDIENTS MENU PLAN SAMPLE
Download your FREE recipes now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.