Looking for more penny pinched recipes? Here you go!
I don't know about your kids, but mine love morning waffles in the summertime. And, since these days with my kiddos feel like they're fleeting way too fast, I try to indulge them as often as I can. (Thankfully they're all pretty busy kids, so whatever they eat for breakfast they wear off throughout the day!)
Our favorite waffle recipe is this one, but I've been looking for a way to simplify things in the mornings and finally decided to try out a Homemade Bisquick recipe. Since all that's really in it is flour and a few other ingredients, I knew I could make it for next to nothing, and I love knowing exactly what's going into it! Here's what you'll need:
Homemade Bisquick Mix
- 6 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 3 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 cup cold butter
- Mix together flour, salt and baking powder in large bowl.
- Using a pastry cutter, mix in butter until the mixture is crumbly (I use this pastry cutter and love it, but you could also use a food processor to mix it all in!)
- Store covered in refrigerator until ready to use, for up to 4 months (makes enough for 3 to 4 days of pancakes and waffles at our house – so double the recipe if you need more!)
To make life easier in the mornings, I leave the pancake and waffle recipes right on the container so my kids can whip up a batch themselves if I'm working in the morning (my Caroline is an expert already!) Here are the recipes we use . . .
- 2 cups mix
- 1 1/3 cups milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups mix
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
You can also use them to make these Red Lobster Cheddar Biscuits. Yum!
If you need a little more menu inspiration, go HERE.
BLACK FRIDAY CHEAT SHEET!
Download your FREE cheat sheet now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.