Homemade Window Cleaner
I think I found the BEST homemade window cleaner recipe ever, and can't wait for you to try it out! My husband's entire family was visiting recently and when I realized just how filthy my windows were (seriously, gross). So I decided to see what kind of window cleaner concoction I could whip up. . . and this stuff is just amazing.
Our house faces East, so the morning sun glares through the windows on the front of our home. Then in the afternoon the windows facing the back of the house get the afternoon sun which don't leave any room for mistakes either. It's awful ~ they look so pretty when they're clean but don't stay that way for long…argh!)
So, I spent about an hour scrubbing Sunday afternoon, and have the sunshiniest windows you've ever seen ~ plus I'm pretty sure I paid less than a quarter for all the ingredients, so this is a keeper at my house.
Ingredients for the homemade window cleaner:
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1/4 cup rubbing alcohol
- 1 tsp. corn starch (I know, I know ~ it sounds so strange but it works!)
- Recycled newspaper instead of rags for cleaning
- Spray Bottle (I just used an old one I already had on hand)
- Mix together all ingredients and pour into bottle
- Label bottle and give it a good shake – then be sure to shake it occasionally to keep the corn starch from settling
- Spray windows like you would using commercial cleaners, and use newspapers to wipe down
BLACK FRIDAY CHEAT SHEET!
Download your FREE cheat sheet now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.