FREE WORK PLANNER
Planning a date night this winter? We've got some cold-weather ideas and fun dates at home!
Winter Date Ideas
Planning a date night can sometimes get tricky when it's freezing outside! But, we know that making date night a priority is so important for happy & healthy relationships so we're here to give some inspiration. We've got a round up of fun winter date ideas for out and about, and a great list of at-home dates when it's just too cold outside!
What can you do on a boring winter day?
Here are some winter date ideas you can do even when it's a little chilly out:
- Go to an arcade and get competitive
- Go to a musical performance or play
- Grab coffee and walk around a bookstore (try to pick out the perfect book for the other person!)
- Go to a hockey game
- Take a cooking class
- Volunteer together
- Get some Starbucks and tour a library you haven't been to (try something from the secret Starbucks menu!)
- Go bowling (whoever wins gets a massage when you get home!)
- Downtown progressive dinner – appetizers, dinner, and dessert all at different restaurants
- Take a pottery class
- Go to a comedy show
- Shop for Valentine's Day gifts for each other (we've got lots of gift ideas here!)
If you're wanting to really lean into the winter weather, here are some winter-themed date ideas:
- Get bundled up and build a snowman
- Go skiing or snowboarding (take a class together if you don't know how)
- Go snow tubing
- Pretend you're kids and find a sledding hill! Grab some hot cocoa after.
- Go on a carriage ride
- Go ice skating
Winter Date Ideas at Home
When it's just too cold or snowy to venture outside, you can still have a fun date night at home! Here are some ideas:
- Fondue + a movie (we've got a great chocolate fondue recipe that you can make in your slow cooker)
- Play a board game
- Cook dinner together and use cards from this fun game to help spark some deep conversation
- Plan your dream vacation (or just your next road trip!)
- Make dessert together and read old love notes or cards you've given each other
- Put on an old movie on mute and pretend to speak for the characters – the sillier the better!
- Create an at-home spa night
- Plan a special movie night (we've got tips on how to make it extra special)
- Play video games together
- Make up a secret handshake
- Create a winter playlist together (bonus points if you dance to the music)
Need more year-round date night inspiration?