FREE WHOLE FOODS
Walmart Hours have changed to open one hour earlier for most locations across the country. Here are all the details on the change!
Walmart Hours Have Changed
Over the past year, Walmart and multiple other retailers modified their store hours due to the coronavirus. Many stores opened later, closed earlier, and/or added special senior hours. However, things are finally starting to go back to a new “normal.”
One of the most dramatic changes during the pandemic was that Walmart changed from being a 24-hour store to closing at 8:30pm to allow more time for associates to clean and restock without customers in store. Then, last August 2020, they moved to closing at 10pm and by November 2020, Walmart store closing hours had changed to 11pm. And the hours just changed yet again…but in a good way!
Effective Saturday, June 5th, Walmart store hours changed to open one hour earlier with new store hours from 6am-11pm, unless otherwise mandated by state or local government.
Also, beginning July 3rd, Walmart will resume pre-COVID hours for most of their pharmacies & vision centers. Pharmacies will be open from 9am-9pm Monday-Friday, Saturday 9am-7pm, and Sunday 10am-6pm. Most vision centers will be open from 9am-8pm Monday-Friday and open on Saturday & Sunday as well.
In addition to expanded hours, here’s a look at some additional adjustments they’ve made over the last few weeks:
- The 20% capacity restriction has been removed across ALL Walmart stores. They will continue to monitor customer traffic during spikes like holiday weekends, weather preparation, etc.
- Stores within an area that has lifted their mask requirements can now reassign their “health ambassador” from the main entrance back into another role in the store.
- Based on the latest CDC guidance, fully vaccinated associates no longer need to wear a mask at work and fully vaccinated customers and members are welcome to shop without a mask.
- Seating has been added back to the Auto Care Center waiting areas, with social distancing in mind.
- Fitting rooms have been re-opened where allowed. 💃🏼
Does Walmart still offer a senior shopping hour?
Yes! Walmart will still be offering a senior shopping window on Tuesdays. Seniors (age 60 or older) or those more vulnerable can start shopping one hour before opening.