This Turkey Appetizer Tray is SO MUCH FUN for a family get together. Try this turkey shaped treat at your next event!
Turkey Appetizer Tray – Try this Turkey Shaped Appetizer Today!
My sweet family can't wait to gobble down this Turkey Appetizer Tray, and I'm betting you'll love it too! This one just might become a new Thanksgiving tradition. It's so fun and everyone loves a good meat, cheese, fruits, and cracker tray 🙂
Turkey Appetizer Tray Ingredients
- small potato or Asian pear (for the turkey head)
- 1 each Granny Smith and Red Delicious apples
- small bunch each red and green seedless grapes
- snow or snap peas
- baby carrots
- dried apricots
- whole almonds and pecan halves
- cracker sized cheddar and smoked gouda cheese slices
- 1 box mixed party crackers
These ingredients are merely suggestions! Tweak it to your family's tastes. A few oither suggestions are pretzel sticks, pepperoni slices, rolled up ham or turkey slices, red or green bell pepper slices, sliced or whole olives, cherry tomatoes, broccoli or cauliflower.
So many fun options! Here's a video showing how to put this Turkey Appetizer tray together:
If you missed me on FB live making the Turkey Appetizer Tray, you can watch it HERE.
How to create a Turkey Shaped Appetizer:
- Start at the bottom with the turkey head, using either a potato or pear (if needed, slice the potato in half lengthwise so it will lay flat). You will build out from him in a fan like fashion. Be sure to use the picture as a reference as you are creating your turkey!
- Following the picture, add the raisins, snow peas, carrots and dried apricots.
- Next, spread out 3 different type crackers using the picture as a guide.
- Fill in between the crackers with the almonds, cheese slices, grapes and thin apple slices.
- The last part is what really makes it. Add eyes to the turkey by using a hole punch to make 2 white circles and marking them with black dots. Or, take a piece of the white cheese, cut in a circle and put a raisin on top for the pupils. The nose can be made by cutting a triangular piece out of the dried apricot or cheddar cheese. Give him a cute tongue by slicing off a piece of a red grape and don't forget to add pecan halves for his feet!
I just LOVE this little guy! 🦃🦃
What a great and healthy option to have for your guests to nibble on while they wait for the main event. Or such a cute idea for a holiday party!
I would love to see your pics if you decide to make this little guy for Thanksgiving ~ leave your pictures on the Passionate Penny Pincher Facebook wall to share or tag me on Instagram when you share your pictures there too. 🙂
More Thanksgiving Recipes to Try:
Looking for more turkey tips this year?
- How to Make your Turkey Breast in the Crockpot
- Instant Pot Thanksgiving Recipes
- See the Best Turkey Prices (and When to Thaw)
- Amazing this works! Air Fryer Turkey Breast
CELEBRATION MENUS & GROCERY LIST!
Download your FREE sample menus today!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.