Wondering what's the best turkey price per pound? We've got a cost breakdown by grocery store to help you score a cheap bird for Thanksgiving dinner!
Best Turkey Prices by Store
Looking for the Best Turkey Prices for Thanksgiving this year?
Don't pay full price when you're in a hurry – know what a GOOD price is so when you see it go on sale you'll be able to buy confidently. The gift of getting a frozen turkey early is being able to store it until Thanksgiving gets closer. One thing checked off the list!
To make life easy, here's a handy dandy list of the Best Turkey Prices (for frozen turkey) at various groceries nation wide, valid as of 10/17/19:
- Albertson's 49¢ per pound (with $50 minimum store order)
- Aldi 87¢ per pound (Butterball)
- Bi-Lo 99¢ per pound (Butterball)
- Food Lion 27¢ per pound (with $25 minimum store order)
- Ingles 98¢ per pound (Butterball)
- King Soopers 49¢ per pound (with $25 minimum store order)
- Kroger 47¢ per pound (with $25 minimum store order)
- Meijer 37¢ per pound
- Publix 49¢ per pound
- Schnucks 59¢ per pound ($25 minimum store order)
- Target 79¢ per pound
- Walmart 98¢ per pound (Butterball)
- Wegman's 48¢ per pound (with miniumum $25 store order)
- Winn Dixie 49¢ per pound (10 pounds and up)
And if you'd like to know when to thaw that frozen turkey out, here are a few tips on that too to bookmark for later!
How Long to Thaw a Frozen Turkey By Pound:
5-10 pounds: 2 days to thaw (start Monday – 11/25/19)
10-15 pounds: 3 days to thaw (start Sunday – 11/24/19)
15-20 pounds: 4 days to thaw (start Saturday – 11/23/19)
20-25 pounds: 5 days to thaw (start Friday – 11/22/19)
25-30 pounds: 6 days to thaw (start Thursday – 11/21/19)
*No time to thaw in fridge? Scrub down your sink and thaw for 30 minutes in cold water per pound of turkey, changing water every 30 minutes.
Looking for more turkey tips this year?
THE ULTIMATE PRICE COMPARISON SHEET
Download your FREE cheat sheet now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.