Wondering where to get the best turkey prices and what's the best price per pound? Here's a breakdown by store to help get the best deal!
Best Turkey Prices & Deals Near You!
Looking for the Best Turkey Prices for the Holidays this year?
Don't pay full price when you're in a hurry – know what a GOOD price is so when you see it go on sale you'll be able to buy confidently. The gift of getting a frozen turkey early is being able to store it until Thanksgiving or Christmas gets closer. One thing checked off the list!
🦃If you're looking to make planning your Thanksgiving meal SUPER easy this year, check out our Celebration Meal Plan. Thanksgiving is one of the main sections – it provides all of your recipes AND grocery list for the whole meal – dessert too!
Turkey Prices By Store
To make life easy, here's a handy dandy list of the Best Turkey Prices (for frozen turkey) that we are seeing right now for 2021 at various groceries nationwide (we're hoping for a few sales in about a week):
- Meijer – $.33/lb
- Aldi – .87 per pound (Butterball) or Antibiotic Free Whole Turkey – 2.99/lb
- Target – .99 per pound (Butterball) or Good & Gather – .79/lb (11/7 – 11/13)
- Kroger – .99 per pound (Butterball) or Butterball Fresh – 1.99/lb
- Meijer – 1.39 per pound
- Walmart – 1.48 per pound
- Publix – 1.49 per pound
- King Soopers – 1.59 per pound
- Wegman's – 1.69 per pound
- Sprouts – Butcher Shop All Natural Turkey Antibiotic Free 1.79/lb or Butcher Shop Organic Whole Turkey – 3.49/lb
- Albertson's – 1.99 per pound (Butterball)
- Randall's – Free Turkey when you spend $100 (11/10 – 11/16)
*Note that these are current prices for 2021 and prices HAVE increased quite a bit. As we start seeing store sales, we will update these prices. Let us know if you spot a great deal at your stores!*
Looking for a great deal on a Thanksgiving dinner? Don't miss this fun way to snag most of your meal for free on Thanksgiving day:
- $.67/1 Jiffy Ibotta rebate
- $1.98/1 Coke 2 L 1 rebate
- $1/1 Birds Eye Frozen Vegetable rebate
- $1.28/1 Cranberry Jelly rebate
- $1.88/1 Idahoan Family Size rebate
- $.98/1 Campbell's Cream of Mushroom rebate
- $.82/1 Great Value Stuffing rebate
- $1.12/1 McCormick Gravy Packet rebate
- $2.28 Great Value French Fried Onions rebate
The WINNER for Best Turkey Prices from 2020:
For 2020, Publix had the best turkey prices followed by Kroger & King Soopers – with a nod given to Aldi for having 87¢ Butterball rather than a store-brand turkey.
Target also had a fun grocery coupon for $10 off $50 a purchase which could make for a great deal on a big turkey with other fixins!
Example: A 20lb Good & Gather Turkey will be $18.96 – so you could get a turkey for a great price after the $10 off coupon!
FREE Turkey Deals for 2020:
In addition to some great prices on turkeys, MANY stores will offer free turkey promotions each year. Here are the deals we spotted for 2020 – we will update for 2021 as we start to see the promos announced.
FREE Thanksgiving Dinner:
The big one we ABSOLUTELY loved in 2020 was a cash-back offer from Ibotta!
- You were able to score 8 Items including a free Turkey at Walmart (We saw a promotion similar to this from Ibotta for Back to School, so we are hoping the free Thanksgiving comes back again for 2021!)
Free Turkey Promos from 2020:
Acme – Free Turkey when you spend $100 or more on groceries
BJ's – Promotion Buy 3 Items included in promotion get 1 Free Butterball Turkey
Fareway – Free Turkey when you spend $50 or more on groceries
HEB – Free Turkey if you buy a Spiral Sliced Boneless, Bone In Half or Whole Ham
Hy – Vee – Free Honeysuckle Whole Turkeys when Hormel Cure 81 Ham
Safeway – Club Card Members Free Turkey when you spend $150 or more on groceries
ShopRite – Free Turkey if you meet point requirements
Winco – Free Turkey when you spend $100 or more on groceries
And if you'd like to know when to thaw that frozen turkey out, here are a few tips on that too to bookmark for later!
How Long to Thaw a Frozen Turkey By Pound:
5-10 pounds: 2 days to thaw (start Monday – 11/22/21)
10-15 pounds: 3 days to thaw (start Sunday – 11/21/21)
15-20 pounds: 4 days to thaw (start Saturday – 11/20/21)
20-25 pounds: 5 days to thaw (start Friday – 11/19/21)
25-30 pounds: 6 days to thaw (start Thursday – 11/118/21)
*No time to thaw in fridge? Scrub down your sink and thaw for 30 minutes in cold water per pound of turkey, changing water every 30 minutes.
If you'd like to make Thanksgiving SUPER quick – here are a few recipes to make an Instant pot Thanksgiving!
Once you've gotten your best turkey price and are looking to make your Thanksgiving Planning INCREDIBLY easy, check out our Celebration Menu Planning Made Easy Set.
We have a full section for your Thanksgiving Meal – complete with a grocery list for the whole meal! You'll also get access to a Birthday Meal, Cinco de Mayo, Christmas Goodies, Easter and more 🙂
SIDES MENUS & GROCERY LIST!
Download your FREE sample menus now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.