If you enjoy this recipe, I’d sure love for you to “share” it on Facebook or “pin” it on Pinterest ~ just click the buttons above. Thanks so much for supporting PPP!
Try out this yummy Slow Cooker Monkey Bread. Your family will love it. You can also try out this one, but either way I'm pretty sure you'll have a happy bunch of monkeys on your hands. (And yes, I'm kinda sad that I'm giving up this one for Lent.)
Slow Cooker Monkey Bread
- cooking spray
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 4 7.5 oz cans refrigerated biscuits I get the inexpensive Pillsbury ones
- 1 1/2 cups apples optional
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1/3 cup apple juice
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Spray slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Mix together white and brown sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons on the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Cut biscuits into quarters (I use scissors) and coat with remaining cinnamon sugar mixture. (At our house we put the biscuits in a plastic bag and my kids shake until their heart’s content!)
- Add biscuits to slow cooker, pouring any extra sugar on top.
- Mix together butter, vanilla and apple juice, and pour over biscuits in slow cooker.
- Cook on low 2 to 2 1/2 hours.
- Let cool for fifteen minutes. Then turn over onto platter. (I was worried it wouldn't turn over, but they popped right out!)
- Cool for a few more minutes, then serve.
If you’ve tried out a great slow cooker recipe I’d love the recipe. . . there are so many good ones, and since I’m planning to keep Mrs. Potts busy this month, I’d love to try out a few of your suggestions! Leave a comment to share your tips. And if you're looking for more slow cooker recipes, here are several more in the series:
- Day 1: Slow Cooker Meat Loaf
- Day 2: Slow Cooker French Dip Sandwiches
- Day 3: Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Sliders
- Day 4: Slow Cooker Ham
- Day 5: Slow Cooker Chicken and Noodle Soup
- Day 6: Slow Cooker Mug Brownies
- Day 7 : Slow Cooker French Onion Soup
- Day 8 Slow Cooker Ham & Cheese Melts
- Day 9: Slow Cooker Chicken & Dumplings
Need a slow cooker to get started? Here are a few decent deals on Amazon:
- Hamilton Beach Stay or Go 6-Quart Slow Cooker for just $29 (regularly $39.99)
- Hamilton Beach 33967 Set ‘n Forget 6-Quart Programmable Slow Cooker $49, regularly $59.99
- Crock-Pot SCVT650-PS 6-1/2-Quart Programmable Touchscreen Slow Cooker, Stainless Steel $79.99 (regularly $119.99)
- Cuisinart PSC-350 3-1/2-Quart Programmable Slow Cookerto $46 (regularly $110)
FREEZER MENUS & GROCERY LIST!
Download your FREE sample of the freezer menus!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.