My kids used to get SO excited when I would pull out this super simple recipe for Monkey Bread. You don't have to make it in a bundt pan (although I think it makes it the most fun that way!) and it's such an easy recipe that kids of all ages can help.
(No idea how we ever got pretty pictures of this girl because she would always just make ridiculous faces every single time, but she was happy way back when with the monkey bread idea too!)
Here's this super simply monkey bread recipe if you'd like to treat your family today . . .
Monkey Bread Ingredients
- 3 Cans Refrigerated Biscuits
- 1 1/2 Cups Brown Sugar
- 1 1/2 Sticks Butter or Margarine
- 1 Tbsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 Cup White Sugar Mix with the 1/2 tsp of Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon Mix with the 1/2 Cup of White Sugar
- Pam Cooking Spray
Monkey Bread Glaze Ingredients
- 3 Tbsp Butter Melted
- 2/3 Cups Confectioners' Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Water
Monkey Bread Directions
- Cut biscuits into quarters and coat with cinnamon sugar mixture (1/2 cup white sugar and 1/2 tsp cinnamon); You can place this all together in a gallon ziploc bag and just shake it up
- Melt Butter and then mix with brown sugar and 1 Tbsp Cinnamon
- Put half of biscuits into a greased bundt pan and pour half of brown sugar mixture over it
- Put remaining biscuits in bundt pan and then remaining brown sugar in bundt pan
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 - 40 minutes
Monkey Bread Glaze Directions
- Mix together 3 T Butter, 2/3 Cup Confectioners' Sugar, and 1 T Water to complete glaze. Pour on top of Monkey Bread once it is finished cooking and out of the oven.
How long does Monkey Bread last?
This is a great recipe to make in advance. You can keep this in the refrigerator up to one week. It's also a recipe that you can freeze! These keep for about 3 months in the freezer as long as it is tightly stored. Great for making in advance and pulling out on a special morning for brunch.
We also have a really easy Slow Cooker Monkey Bread recipe you can try!
This Honey Bun Cake is also a HUGE favorite for brunch. We like to use it for Christmas morning as our Happy Birthday Jesus Cake 🙂
You can find more great recipes right over here for your family!
LOW CALORIE MENU PLAN SAMPLE!
Download 3 FREE recipes from the low calorie menu plan NOW!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.