Check out this easy Monkey Bread recipe. It's SO delicious and doesn't have to be made in a bundt pan – the perfect recipe for kids to use!
Monkey Bread Recipe – 2 Easy Steps and SO Good!
My kids used to get SO excited when I would pull out this super simple recipe for Monkey Bread. You don't have to make it in a bundt pan (although I think it makes it the most fun that way!) and it's such an easy recipe that kids of all ages can help.
(No idea how we ever got pretty pictures of this girl because she would always just make ridiculous faces every single time, but she was happy way back when with the monkey bread idea too!)
When that plate is pulled out there's just something special that happens around the whole table. It's also perfect for plating Monkey Bread 🙂
Here's how to make monkey bread if you'd like to treat your family today . . .
- refrigerated biscuits
- brown sugar
- butter or margarine
- white sugar
- pam cooking spray
- confectioners' sugar
You do NOT have to use a bundt pan for this recipe if you don't want to. We always do because it makes it look really pretty in addition to tasting amazing!
Start by cutting your biscuits into quarters and coating them with a mixture of 1/2 cup white sugar and 1/2 tsp cinnamon. You can do this in a bowl or put together in a gallon bag and shake them up.
Melt your butter and then mix with your brown sugar and cinnamon. Put half of the biscuits onto your greased pan and pour half of the brown sugar mixture over it.
Place the remaining biscuits on top and then remaining brown sugar on top of the biscuits. Bake at 350 degrees for 35 – 4o minutes.
How to make powdered sugar glaze:
While your monkey bread is cooking, mix together 3 Tbsp of butter, 2/3 cup of confectioners' sugar, and 1 Tbsp of water to make your sugar glaze. Once the monkey bread is out of the oven, pour on top and enjoy!
Monkey Bread Recipe
Monkey Bread Ingredients
- 3 Cans Refrigerated Biscuits
- 1 1/2 Cups Brown Sugar
- 1 1/2 Sticks Butter or Margarine
- 1 Tbsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 Cup White Sugar Mix with the 1/2 tsp of Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon Mix with the 1/2 Cup of White Sugar
- Pam Cooking Spray
Monkey Bread Glaze Ingredients
- 3 Tbsp Butter Melted
- 2/3 Cups Confectioners' Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Water
Monkey Bread Directions
- Cut biscuits into quarters and coat with cinnamon sugar mixture (1/2 cup white sugar and 1/2 tsp cinnamon); You can place this all together in a gallon ziploc bag and just shake it up
- Melt Butter and then mix with brown sugar and 1 Tbsp Cinnamon
- Put half of biscuits into a greased bundt pan and pour half of brown sugar mixture over it
- Put remaining biscuits in bundt pan and then remaining brown sugar in bundt pan
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 - 40 minutes
Monkey Bread Glaze Directions
- Mix together 3 T Butter, 2/3 Cup Confectioners' Sugar, and 1 T Water to complete glaze. Pour on top of Monkey Bread once it is finished cooking and out of the oven.
How long does Monkey Bread last?
This is a great recipe to make in advance. You can keep this in the refrigerator up to one week. It's also a recipe that you can freeze! These keep for about 3 months in the freezer as long as it is tightly stored. Great for making in advance and pulling out on a special morning for brunch.
We also have a really easy Slow Cooker Monkey Bread recipe you can try!
This Honey Bun Cake is also a HUGE favorite for brunch. We like to use it for Christmas morning as our Happy Birthday Jesus Cake 🙂
You can find more great recipes right over here for your family!
SIDES MENUS & GROCERY LIST!
Download your FREE sample menus now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.