FREE WORK PLANNER
If you're looking for a homemade floor cleaner, look no further. This DIY Hardwood Floor cleaner is just 2 ingredients AND it works great!
Homemade Floor Cleaner – 2 Ingredients You Likely Have In Your Pantry!
I'm pretty sure I've tried EVERY hardwood floor cleaner product known to man, but was so excited today when I found this homemade floor cleaner with just two simple ingredients (which I already had on hand).
Not only was this easy to make, but it did a fantastic job on my hardwood floors!
In the past I've tried the Bruce and Bona cleaners, but I've always been left with a streaky film, so I was so thrilled that this actually works. If you need to clean those floors and you've been looking for a DIY Hardwood floor cleaner that doesn't break the bank, here you go!
You're going to need just two ingredients – water and vinegar.
Here's how to make your own floor cleaner:
- Grab a cleaning bucket and mix together your warm water and vinegar. Then, using a rag, lightly cover your floor with the vinegar water mixture. You'll want this to be just lightly damp so it doesn't hard your hardwood floors.
- Then mop the floor using your favorite mop (we LOVE the O-Cedar Spin Mop!).
That's all you have to do! There are no harsh chemicals in this homemade cleaner and you can easily store it in a spray bottle (just remember to label what it is!). If you're looking for some more scent, you could even add some essential oil.
🏠Looking for a way to stay on top of your at home chores? Our Home Planner has daily and weekly checklists to help keep your home in order!
As always, be sure to test the homemade floor cleaner mixture on a small hidden area to make sure it works fine, but you shouldn't have any problems with this one.
This same mixture will also work well on other types of flooring – we have also tried it on ceramic tile floors and vinyl flooring. If you have other suggestions on how to clean those floors (without breaking the bank on expensive cleaner!), I'd love to hear them.
Homemade Floor Cleaner
- 1 Cup Vinegar
- 1 Gallon Water
- Mix together water and vinegar
- Using a rag, lightly cover your floor with the vinegar water mixture (You want this to just be slightly damp as not to harm your hardwood floors)
- Mop the floor using your favorite mop!
Looking for more cleaning products you can make at home like this floor cleaner? Here are my favorites:
- Homemade Carpet Cleaner
- Homemade Soap Scum Remover
- Homemade Window Cleaner
- How to Clean a Dry Erase Board