If you need a simple way to make Chicken Cordon Bleu, try this Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole. We loved this one and it was SO fast to make!
Easy Chicken Cordon Bleu Recipe
We made this chicken cordon bleu casserole from the Menu Planning Made Easy Freezer Meals Week 6 last night, and oh my goodness, it was so yummy!
I prepped it last Friday during Freezer Friday, and having it all ready to pop into the oven made getting dinner on the table so simple for me. (Have I told you lately I love Freezer Friday? The next one is scheduled for August 6th!)
How to Make Chicken Cordon Bleu Freezer Friendly:
Our recipe uses a casserole style preparation with all the flavors of a typical chicken cordon bleu without all of the fuss. You'll want to gather up your ingredients (having a ton of chicken pre-cooked will make it go fast), and then place everything into the freezer pan. Go ahead and prepare it for freezing, then all of the hard work is already done.
On the day you're having this for dinner, just pull it out to bake and enjoy! (Be sure to pull it out the night before baking so that the recipe thaws out ahead of time).
My family loved this one and it makes a ton ~ completely a success at our house! I added a big green salad, carrot sticks and fresh fruit, and dinner was done.
I love that. 🙂
🍴Menu Tip: This delicious Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole is from week 6 of our Menu Planning Made Easy Freezer Meals. You can grab this awesome menu plan right now!
My one big tip for this casserole recipe?
If you have a smaller family (less than 3 or 4 of you, depending on how big an appetite your bunch has), split this into two 8×8 pans unless you want a ton of leftovers. We ended up with a bunch of leftovers so I packed some up for my husband to take to work, then actually refroze some to have for dinner on a quick easy night.
(And, just in case you're curious ~ here's what asking my family to help start dinner looks like in our home too. SO lucky we got this chicken cordon bleu casserole done – WHEW!) 😂
Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole
- 4 Cups cooked chicken cubed
- 10.5 oz Cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 Cup milk
- 6 oz Stuffing mix
- 1/2 lb Sliced deli ham, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 Cups Shredded cheddar cheese
- Prepare stuffing mix according to package directions. Spray a 13x9-inch disposable foil pan with cooking spray. Whisk together soup and milk.
- Place cooked chicken in pan and layer with ham, Swiss cheese, 1 cup cheddar cheese, soup mixture and stuffing. Sprinkle with remaining cheddar cheese.
- Cover with plastic wrap and aluminum foil. Label and freeze.
- When ready to cook, thaw in refrigerator overnight. Set out on the counter for 30 minutes while preheating oven to 350°F.
- Remove plastic wrap and foil, returning the foil loosely. Bake, about 45 minutes. Remove foil and bake an additional 10 minute
What are you making for dinner this week? What recipes are you excited about? Have you had any winners? I'd sure love to hear!
If you're looking for easy menu planning options and the very best food, take a peek at tons of great menu plans and recipes right over HERE. I'm cheering for you!
Looking for more easy recipes like this Chicken Casserole?
- Slow Cooker Chicken and Dressing
- Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumplings
- Slow Cooker Chicken Breast Recipe
- Zesty Grilled Chicken
- Hot Chicken Salad Recipe
CELEBRATION MENUS & GROCERY LIST!
Download your FREE sample menus today!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.