This heart-shaped Dollar Tree Valentine wreath is shabby and chic and cute as a button!
Shabby Chic Dollar Tree Valentine Wreath
After seeing my friend Cheree's cute Pom Pom Wreath last week, I was completely inspired to tackle a Pinterest project before Valentine's Day. So, I went hunting on Pinterest for Dollar Tree DIY projects, saw a few Dollar Tree rag wreaths, and thought I this one looked pretty easy to make.
What I didn't think about though, is that I'm pretty much a minimalist in my decorating (I love clean, crisp spaces without too much clutter), and this was a wee bit more shabby-chic-and-cluttered than I normally would choose.
However, it looked easy (and goodness, I'm all for easy when it comes to DIY'ing!). And cheap ~ so it kind of fit the bill for a perfect craft around here. 🙂
I gathered up my supplies, cut and tied for right around an hour, and decided once it was all said and done that it turned out just fine. (Once I had the right home for this one up in Reagan's room!)
If you're looking for a fun crafty project to do with your kids before Valentine's day this one is simply perfect! And if you love shabby chic decor? This one will be all you.
You can really customize the look of this wreath based on the supplies you choose to use. Picking lace and burlap and farmhouse-ey fabrics will give your wreath that shabby chic feel. But if you prefer bright and fun – you could use pinks and reds and rainbow ribbons. Just anything you feel like!
How To Make This Dollar Tree DIY
Get started making this frugal Valentine DIY!
- Good pair of scissors
- Fabric ~ cut into 3″x8″ lengths
- Coordinating ribbon ~ cut into 8″ lengths
- Wire wreath from the Dollar Tree or Hobby Lobby (I used a heart shape from the Dollar Tree)
- Wood board for hanging (optional ~ I use this one that I bought a few years ago from Amazon – check your local Hobby Lobby or Michaels for these at a better price!)
Instructions for the Dollar Tree Valentine Wreath:
- Cut fabric into 3″x8″ lengths
- Cut coordinating ribbon into 8″ lengths
- Take a strip of fabric and tie in onto the wire with a simple knot
- Continue until wreath is covered, alternating fabrics and ribbons (I chose to primarily use fabric, then added in ribbon to accent the fabric)
- Optional: If you don't have a perfect door, hang on wood board with ribbon once you're done ~ easy peasy!
Looking for more Quick and Easy DIY Valentine Craft Ideas?
- DIY Pom Pom Wreath
- 3 Quick Easy DIY Valentine Crafts
- DIY Dollar Tree Candy Jar
- Dollar Tree Valentine Project
- Valentine's Dollar Tree DIY
- (FREE!) DIY Valentine Tree
I'd love for you to join me over on Pinterest (I love that place!) If you have a blog and have done a little fluffing in your home, I’d love to see it, so leave your link in the comments section. Also, if there’s a craft you’ve seen on a website that you’re hoping to make, feel free to share that link as well (I’m always looking for new ideas!)
See previous Friday Fluff Up projects and ideas . . . and Happy Fluffing!
Interact with 910,000+ Penny Pinchers on Facebook or Subscribe to Passionate Penny Pincher by email to keep up with all the penny pinchin’ deals!
SUMMER MENUS & GROCERY LIST!
Download your FREE summer menus & grocery list now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.