FREE HOME PLANNING
This heart-shaped Dollar Tree Valentine wreath tutorial is an easy rag wreath DIY to try. It's the perfect craft to do on a budget!
Dollar Tree Valentine Wreath – Super Cute DIY Rag Wreath
After seeing my friend Cheree's cute Pom Pom Wreath, I was completely inspired to tackle a Pinterest project before Valentine's Day. So, I went hunting on Pinterest for Dollar Tree DIY projects, saw a few Dollar Tree rag wreaths, and thought I this one looked pretty easy to make.
What I didn't think about though, is that I'm pretty much a minimalist in my decorating (I love clean, crisp spaces without too much clutter), and this was a wee bit more shabby-chic-and-cluttered than I normally would choose.
However, it looked easy (and goodness, I'm all for easy when it comes to DIY'ing!). And cheap ~ so it kind of fit the bill for a perfect craft around here. 🙂
I gathered up my supplies, cut and tied for right around an hour, and decided once it was all said and done that it turned out just fine. (Once I had the right home for this one up in Reagan's room!)
If you're looking for a fun crafty project to do with your kids before Valentine's day this one is simply perfect! And if you love shabby chic decor? This one will be all you.
You can really customize the look of this wreath based on the supplies you choose to use. Picking lace and burlap and farmhouse-ey fabrics will give your wreath that shabby chic feel. But if you prefer bright and fun – you could use pinks and reds and rainbow ribbons. Just anything you feel like!
How To Make A Heart Shaped Rag Wreath
- Good pair of scissors
- Fabric ~ cut into 3″x8″ lengths
- Coordinating ribbon ~ cut into 8″ lengths
- Wire wreath from the Dollar Tree or Hobby Lobby (I used a heart shape from the Dollar Tree so we could create this heart shaped rag wreath)
- Wood board for hanging (optional ~ I use this one that I bought a few years ago from Amazon – check your local Hobby Lobby or Michaels for these at a better price!)
Rag Wreath Instructions:
- Cut fabric into 3″x8″ lengths
- Cut coordinating ribbon into 8″ lengths
- Take a strip of fabric and tie in onto the wire with a simple knot
- Continue until wreath is covered, alternating fabrics and ribbons (I chose to primarily use fabric, then added in ribbon to accent the fabric)
- Optional: If you don't have a perfect door, hang on wood board with ribbon once you're done ~ easy peasy!
Looking for more Quick and Easy DIY Valentine Craft Ideas? Here you go!
FREE HOME PLANNING CHECKLISTS!
Download your FREE checklists now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.