I'm just a wee bit excited about this little fall paper garland DIY.
I saw the idea on my friend Julie's blog, Less Than Perfect Life of Bliss.
Now, when I see most ideas like this fall paper garland I think they're darling, but totally skip actually making them.
But I kind of became obsessed with this idea, and had to make it myself.
So I bought the pack of paper at Hobby Lobby for $14.99 – my 40% off coupon (making it $8.99 for the pack ~ and since I only used maybe 1/3 of the pack this DIY cost me a whopping $3.
(I mean really, other than my time, at $3 what did I have to lose?)
I'm not gonna lie.
This one was a wee bit more work than I was prepared for.
I started last night around 9PM, and at midnight was cleaning up the mess.
But. . .
I'm kind of in love. 🙂
(It kind of reminds me of something you'd see while riding the “It's A Small World” ride at Disney World. That just makes me happy!) 🙂
Here's what I used:
- pack of paper (like this one ~ you could use any colors though that match your decor)!
- cutting mat with paper scorer to make folding leaves easier
- hot glue gun
- jute twine
- To see the exact directions I used, go HERE and visit Julie. I did exactly what she told me to do, and while it was kind of time intensive (it took me between two and three hours), every time I look at my mantle my heart skips a happy little beat!
(I also have this sign board from Amazon. I love it too.)
(The carafe with wheat is from the Dollar Tree ~ have I mentioned lately I love that store? I found the pom pom wreath a few years ago at Home Goods and it's always my favorite.)
Have you made any fall diy projects this year? I'd love to hear what you're up to! If you're looking for more frugal fall projects, take a peek at a few of my favorites below:
- $6 Fall Decorating at the Dollar Tree
- How to Decorate for Fall at the Dollar Tree
- Decorate for Fall on a $3 Budget
- Painted Pumpkins
- Dollar Tree Centerpieces for Fall
- Dollar Tree Pumpkin Craft
- $6 Decorating at the Dollar Tree
SUMMER MENUS & GROCERY LIST!
Download your FREE summer menus & grocery list now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.