DIY Dollar Tree Candy Jar
Note from Laurie: My friend Cheree created this DARLING Dollar Tree Candy Jar, and I just love it! Thanks so much for sharing Cheree ~ I can't wait to make this one myself!
I've seen several variations of this cute candy jar over at Pinterest, so when a friend also shared it with me, I thought I would give this one a try! You should be able to find most of the supplies at your local Dollar Tree or Walmart.
Here are the supplies you'll need to make the DIY Dollar Tree Candy Jar:
- 4-inch Terra Cotta flower pot like this one
- Terra Cotta flower pot saucer like this one
- Wooden knob (from the craft section at your favorite store)
- Glass bowl
- Acrylic paint or spray paint (I used chalk paint because I had it leftover from another project)
- E-6000 glue and glue gun (I used the glue gun to add the ribbon and decorations)
- Ribbon and any other embellishment you want to use (I pretty much used what I already had at home)
- Favorite candy
DIY Dollar Tree Candy Jar Instructions
- Glue the wooden knob (using the E-6000 glue) on the bottom part of the flower pot saucer and let dry.
- Paint the flower pot and the saucer and let dry.
- Turn the flower pot upside down and glue the glass bowl on top (also using the E-6000 glue)
- Add ribbon, other embellishment and of course, candy!
This craft was so easy and is super flexible to be able to change with the different holidays or seasons. 🎄💟
There are just so many possibilities! I think gumballs would look adorable as well! 🙂 My father in law was a pastor and he always had a gumball jar on his desk, so this got me thinking that this would be a thoughtful gift for a pastor, secretary or teacher. I love that! ❤️
I would love to see your DIY Dollar Tree Candy Jar! If you decide to give it a try leave a picture in the comments! 🙂
Looking for more DIY fun? Here you go!
- 35 Deals You Need To Buy at the Dollar Tree (Valentine Edition!)
- Valentine's Dollar Tree DIY
- Trinket Tray
- DIY Spring Wreath
- Painted Pinecones
- Dollar Tree Easter Craft
FREEZER MENUS & GROCERY LIST!
Download your FREE sample of the freezer menus!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.