Don't miss this Mason Jar Valentine Craft – all you need is some mason jars, paint and goodies to fill. All from the Dollar Tree – SO CUTE!
Looking for an easy Mason Jar Valentine craft to tackle with your kids? We loved this one!
We don't have tons (ummm . . . any?) decorations for holidays really besides Christmas, so this was an inexpensive quick centerpiece that took less than an hour and brightened things up at our house in the middle of winter.
I'd seen several cute ideas over on Pinterest for mason jar Valentine treats, and knew this would be an easy one to tackle ~ love that!
Supplies for this Mason Jar Valentine Craft:
- mason jars ($1 at Dollar Tree)
- spray paint (You could use what you have at home, grab some paint at the Dollar Tree or Michael's, OR make your own chalk paint!)
- heart stickers (found those at Michael's as well, could also make them using a Silhouette or Cricut Bundle if you have one, and I noticed heart stickers at the Dollar Tree as well!)
Have your kids make “Valentine” designs on the front. (Honestly? I wanted just plain hearts on all but they wanted hearts everywhere. I didn't have the heart ~ ahem 🙂 ~ to tell them they wouldn't look quite as pretty, but for a dollar it was worth letting them choose!)
After sticking on the hearts just spray the mason jars . . .
Then peel the hearts off once the spray paint is dry.
We used Styrofoam stickers which were a little difficult to remove ~ if you can find vellum stickers it should go a little more smoothly.
Like I said, the ones they did weren't perfectly Pinterested, but they had fun for $1!
And, if you're smart like me you know you can just turn them around and add some flowers ($3.99, courtesy of Aldi. . . ) 🙂
I also found this cute little tag from my crafting stash to add on to our lamp jar from last week . . .
Looking for more penny pinched projects? Here you go . . .
- Penny Pinched Way To Fill A Large Jar
- What $3 & A Little Courage Can Do
- Foyer Lighting Updates (And 3 Options When You Think You’ve Messed It Up.)
- Dollar Tree Easter Craft
CELEBRATION MENUS & GROCERY LIST!
Download your FREE sample menus today!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.