FREE WORK PLANNER
Looking to decorate for fall on a budget? Try this DIY Dollar Tree Fall decor using glass etching. It turns out AMAZING!
DIY Dollar Tree Fall Decor using Glass Etching
You all know – I have a serious thing for how to etch glass.
. . .and of course turning pretty words into an amazing DIY butcher block sign.
So when I can make etched glass words with a few bargains from the Dollar Tree (and make the words reversible???). . .
…you know I'm a happy girl. 😉
Here's how to make this gorgeous Fall Decor:
I knew somehow I could use these Dollar Tree glass containers for something, and absolutely loved how this little DIY Dollar Tree Fall Decor project turned out. 🙂
Here's what I used:
- Etching Cream (one bottle will last you forever)
- 10 glass jars from the Dollar Tree
- popping corn
- votive candles (also from the Dollar Tree)
- Silhouette Cameo Cutter and adhesive vinyl (if you don't have a cutter just find stickers at your local craft store – you can do the same thing if you're able to find a font you like)
- sponge brush
Here's how to make this DIY Dollar Tree Fall Decor Set:
- Cut out vellum using my Silhouette cutter .
- Put vellum onto glass jars (I did “boo” on one side and “give thanks” on the other so that I could use them throughout Thanksgiving).
- Used sponge brush to paint over the glass with etching cream
- Removed vellum
- Added popcorn and candles. Done!
And that's all it takes to make this gorgeous decor. Once my Silhouette was up and running it probably took less than an hour to complete, and I'm so pleased with the results. Love it!