Looking to decorate for fall on a budget? Dollar Tree has so many fun items – and they're all just $1 each! Check out this fun DIY we made using $1 glass containers.
How to Decorate for Fall at the Dollar Tree
Y'all, I have a serious thing for etched glass.
. . .and pretty words.
So when I can make etched glass words with a few bargains from the Dollar Tree (and make them reversible???). . .
…you know I'm a happy girl. 😉
I knew somehow I could use these Dollar Tree glass containers for something, and absolutely loved how this little project turned out. 🙂 (If you don't have a Dollar Tree near you – you can order oodles of goodies online from DollarTree.com!)
Here's what I used:
- Etching Cream (one bottle will last you forever, but I think plain white crafting would probably work too!)
- 10 glass jars from the Dollar Tree
- popping corn (on sale at Kroger this week)
- votive candles (also from the Dollar Tree)
- Silhouette Cameo Cutter and adhesive vinyl (if you don't have a cutter just find stickers at your local craft store – you can do the same thing if you're able to find a font you like!)
- sponge brush
And here's what I did:
- Cut out vellum using my Silhouette cutter (I really do love that thing – my favorite typeface right now is American Typewriter).
- Put vellum onto glass jars (I did “boo” on one side and “give thanks” on the other so that I could use them throughout Thanksgiving).
- Used sponge brush to paint over the glass with etching cream
- Removed vellum
- Added popcorn and candles. Done!
That's it ~ fun! Once my Silhouette was up and running it probably took less than an hour to complete, and I'm so pleased with the results. Love it!
More Fall Decor Ideas:
And for more Fall Dollar Tree decor ideas, check out this post on how I made these cute Fall Dollar Tree Centerpieces!
Looking for more ways to decorate for fall on a penny pinched budget? Here you go:
I'd love for you to join me over on Pinterest (I love that place!) If you have a blog and have done a little fluffing in your home, I’d love to see it, so leave your link in the comments section. Also, if there’s a craft you’ve seen on a website that you’re hoping to make, feel free to share that link as well (I’m always looking for new ideas!)
See previous Fluff Up projects and ideas . . . and Happy Fluffing
2021 Home Planner SNEAK PEEK!
Download your FREE 2021 Home Planner SNEAK PEEK now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.