Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili with Red Lobster Cheddar Biscuits
🍴TIP: This recipe is in Week 2 from of our Slow Cooker Menu Planning Made Easy set!
I'm running late to pick up my girls from school (of course!), so here's the fastest you're-really-gonna-love-this-recipe post you'll ever see:
Easy too because Mrs. Potts does all the work for you.
What more encouragement do you need? 😉
Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili
- 1 onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic crushed
- 2 small cans chopped green chile peppers I used mild
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 - 1 1/2 pounds chicken breast
- 3 15 oz. cans white beans
- 1 cup shredded Mexican-Style shredded cheese blend
- Place onion, garlic, chicken, chicken broth, beans and chile peppers in crock pot.
- Cook for 6-8 hours on low, or 3-4 hours on high.
- After cooking, remove chicken breasts from slow cooker and shred meat.
- Return meat to slow cooker, and add in cumin, oregano and cayenne pepper. Let cook an additional 15-20 minutes.
- Stir in Mexican style cheese blend, stirring until melted.
- Serve with an extra sprinkle of cheese, and sour cream if desired.
- (If you feel like it needs a little more flavor, add in a seasoning packet of McCormick White Chicken Chili at the end of the day)
Looking for more yummy meals? This recipe is from week two of our slow cooker menu plans, including this meal + 59 other AMAZING recipes (and 12 desserts too)! You'll also get lifetime membership in our private Facebook group, full of other families encouraging one another to make dinner each night together too.
These are the BEST MENU PLANS on the planet (and, the only menu plan that ship all the grocery lists, menu plans and recipe cards right out to you ~ no downloading or hunting down recipes on your phone at dinnertime ever again!) Go HERE to learn more. I know you're going to love these!
Click HERE to see video if it's not working for you.
SUMMER SURVIVAL KIT SAMPLE
Download your FREE recipes now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.
Alana Jeffries says
Sorry if I'm overlooking this, but about how many servings/cups does this make? Can't wait to make for a football party!
I would say 6-8 servings Alana – hope that helps!
Diane Lane Emigh says
I make a variation of this that I got from one of the ladies at our church with 6 cans of white beans (drained and rinsed) , 2 large cans of chicken breast (drained), 2 jars salsa (i mild, 1-medium) and 1# cubed monterey jack cheese…mix it all together and cook for 3-1/2 – 4 hours on high….yummy and quick!
Sounds delicious Diane – thanks for sharing!
Jessica Witynski says
I want to make this but use shredded rotiserie chicken that i already cooked up in the crock pot yesterday. Can I do that? And when should I add tbe chicken since its already cooked?
I think you can do that without any problem Jessica! I would probably leave the chicken out until the last hour or two? You may have to adjust the seasonings a bit but I think that would work fine. (Let me know!)
Jalie Trowbridg says
Do you recommend draining and rinsing the beans before adding in the crock pot?
You know, I always drain and rinse red beans, but for whatever reason haven’t done that with white beans before Jalie! But, there’s no reason not too, so I’m sure it would be fine. (Thanks for pointing that out – I probably will drain and rinse mine next time!)