FREE WHOLE FOODS
If you're looking for a family friendly meal that can be customized to your needs, this Cheese Tortellini in crock pot is it. Delicious too!
Cheese Tortellini in Crock Pot
This cheesy tortellini dish is the PERFECT Italian meal – and so easy to throw in your slow cooker! With only 6 ingredients, it makes prepping dinner a breeze and is a recipe that even the pickiest eater in your family is sure to love.
We love this for an easy weeknight meal paired with a salad and bread – or just on it's own! Plus, it makes delicious leftovers for lunch the next day (assuming your family doesn't polish it all off in one sitting!).
🍴 Menu Planning Note: This recipe can also be found in our Slow Cooker Menu Plan – Week 8!
Here's how to make this yummy crock pot meal:
Ingredients for Italian Cheesy Tortellini:
- Italian sausage
- Marinara sauce
- Sliced mushrooms
- Italian-style diced tomatoes
- Cheese tortellini
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
How to make Tortellini in the Slow Cooker:
Start by crumbling and browning the Italian sausage until cooked through. Drain and add to your slow cooker.
Then, add your marinara sauce, mushrooms, and diced tomatoes Cover, and cook on low 7-8 hours or on high 3-4 hours. Stir in tortellini, and sprinkle with cheese.
Cover, and cook another 10-15 minutes on low, or until tortellini is cooked through.
Cheesy Italian Tortellini
- 1 lb Italian sausage, casings removed
- 24 oz jar marinara sauce
- 4.5 oz can sliced mushrooms
- 14 oz can Italian style diced tomatoes
- 19 oz pkg frozen cheese tortellini
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a large skillet, over medium-high heat, crumble and cook Italian sausage until browned; drain and add to slow cooker.
- Add marinara sauce, mushrooms, and diced tomatoes to slow cooker.
- Cover, and cook on low 7-8 hours or on high 3-4 hours.
- Stir in tortellini, then sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover, and cook 10-15 minutes more on low, or until tortellini is cooked through.
Looking for more yummy meals? This recipe is from week eight of our slow cooker menu plans, including this meal + 59 other AMAZING recipes (and 12 desserts too)! You'll also get lifetime membership in our private Facebook group, full of other families encouraging one another to make dinner each night together too.
These are the BEST MENU PLANS on the planet (and, the only menu plan that ship all the grocery lists, menu plans and recipe cards right out to you ~ no downloading or hunting down recipes on your phone at dinnertime ever again!) Go HERE to learn more. I know you're going to love these!
Love tortellini? Here are some of our other favorite recipes using this yummy pasta!