Looking for something to do this weekend? We've come up with three different easy DIY Valentine Craft ideas to try. SO much fun!
3 Quick and Easy DIY Valentine Crafts
Note from Laurie: my friend Cheree has been at it again, and I LOVE her cute (easy!) DIY Valentine ideas! Take a peek . . .
I wanted to fluff up my home a bit for Valentine's Day this year and just had to share with you these 3 Quick and Easy Valentine DIY Crafts that each take about 30 minutes (or less) to make! If you're getting any snow or it's gonna just be chilly this weekend, these are some great crafts to try out and have fun with.
Painted Chipboard Heart
You don't need a ton of items for this craft and it comes together quickly. Here's everything you need!
- 10 inch chipboard heart
- Chipboard “love” sign (this is a set of 30 – you can likely find singles of these at your local craft stores too!)
- Paint and paintbrush – the color I used was “Touch O Pink”
- Tacky craft glue
- Paint the heart and the love sign and let dry.
- Glue the love sign in the center of the heart. Let dry and give it another coat of paint.
I hung mine on a rustic board and I'm really pleased with how easy and cute it turned out. The total cost was less than $4.00 because I got the chipboard for 50% off at Hobby Lobby!
Pom Pom Garland
- Craft needle
- Twine or embroidery thread
- 1 inch pom poms (I used 3 colors, but you could use 2 or more for your desired look) 🙂
- Cut your twine to the desired length. I did mine about 7-8 feet because I wanted it to sway from my mantle.
- Thread your needle with the twine and make a knot at the end.
- Carefully weave your needle through the pom poms and alternate the colors. I added a white pom pom between my colors for interest and also left about 1 inch between each color.
- When you have it to the length you want, knot the other end and adjust your pom poms.
The heart garland was a bit of an afterthought. I had gotten a bundle of felt hearts from Target for $3 and some mini clothespins on clearance at Michael's for $0.77. I used the leftover twine and just clipped them on a couple inches apart. I think it turned out pretty cute! 🙂
The garlands were less than $4 each! 🤗
Pom Pom Pillow Covers
I saw this Love pillow over at Pinterest and thought it was just adorable.
Supplies you'll need
- Linen type pillow cover
- 125 count bag of 1/2-inch pom poms
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Fabric pencil, chalk or a regular pencil
Instructions for this super easy DIY Valentine craft:
- Lay your pillow cover flat and insert a piece of cardboard inside the pillow insert.
- Write out the word Love (or I think XOXO would be super cute as well).
- Starting at the beginning of the word, carefully hot glue your pom poms over your tracing. Continue until the whole word is filled. So easy!
I really “LOVE” this one! 💕
and because I had leftover pom poms from my garland I decided to do another pillow cover of a heart! For this one, I made a template of a heart out of posterboard. ❤️
I traced it onto the pillow and then hot glued the pom poms on one color at a time following the same steps as above. 👆
So, so fun!!!
These pillow covers costs me about $5 each to make (of course I used the 40% off coupon at Hobby Lobby). So, for about $22 I have some really cute Valentine decor that I can reuse for several more years!
Looking for more Quick and Easy DIY Valentine Craft Ideas? Here you go!
- DIY Dollar Tree Candy Jar
- Dollar Tree Valentine Project
- Valentine's Dollar Tree DIY
- (FREE!) DIY Valentine Tree
SUMMER SURVIVAL KIT SAMPLE
Download your FREE recipes now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.
Leave a Reply