Find out 10 Tips for how to save money at Target so that shopping is a breeze and doesn't bust your budget. #2 is my favorite saving tip!
10 Secrets for How to Save Money at Target
Love shopping Target? Me too!
There are a ton of ways for how to save money at Target (which can quickly become overwhelming), but with a little patience and determination you can learn all the best ways to save while you're there.
Here are my top 10 secrets to save at Target every time you shop.
1. Get the Target Redcard
The benefits of having a Target Redcard include discounts and convenience, among other things. Plus you do NOT need to sign up for a Target Redcard Credit Card to get these benefits – you will get the SAME benefits with a RedCard Debit Card (it just connects to your bank account like a normal debit card).
Here are some benefits to the Red Card:
- You'll get 5% OFF Every Day
One great benefit of having the Target Redcard is the ability to save 5% OFF anything you buy online or in stores. Even at Starbucks!
- You get FREE Shipping
Many people's FAVORITE reason to apply for the Target Red Card is the FREE Shipping on any online purchase!
- You can score Exclusive Discounts
Target Redcard members can enjoy exclusive discounts on items at times – check your Target App to see what special discounts are available to you!
- You get Extended Return Times
Target Redcard holders get an extra 30 Days to return items
2. Take advantage of Target Gift Card Deals.
Target offers various gift card deals every week – and this is a great way to save additional money at Target – especially if you're buying these items anyway!
Most of the time it will be on certain items like household, personal care, yogurt or health and beauty products. You will need to download the coupon on your circle app. And don't forget that you can use manufacturer coupons and circle coupons in addition to getting the gift card.
To make your Target savings even greater you can roll your gift cards.For example, if you purchase one item that gives you a gift card at Target, you can use that gift card to score more of the same deals – as long as there are no limits. We at the PPP Team love that!
3. Save even more with Target Circle Coupons
The new program will give everyone 1% back on purchases, and 5% back on your birthday.
You'll get these percentages back any time you order online, use your phone number in-store, or scan using your wallet app. (REDcard holders will still get 5% off all purchases.)
Just like the Cartwheel discounts did, Target Circle gives you discounts and special offers, found in the Target App.
4. If you have a Smartphone, screenshot your coupon offers.
5. Watch for Target Clearance Markdowns
One of the best tips for how to save money at Target? Learn their clearance schedule!
The days they mark things down at Target will vary by store and season, but here's a general idea of the days they mark things lower:
- Monday – Accessories, Books, Baby & Stationary, Kids Clothing, Electronics
- Tuesday – Food, Pet Supplies & Women's Clothing
- Wednesday – Diapers, Furniture, Health & Beauty, Lawn & Garden, Men's Clothing
- Thursday – Decor & Luggage, Housewares, Lingerie, Shoes, Sporting Goods, Toys
- Friday – Auto, Cosmetics, Hardware, Home Goods, Jewelry
TIP: Sometimes the clearance items are actually lower than they say. For instance, if the sale price sticker says 50% OFF it may have gone 70% OFF already but just not been marked down yet. Use the price checker to confirm the true markdown on any clearance purchases!
5. Use coupon and rebate apps
Usually there are a lot of deals through rebate apps at Target you can use in addition to other discounts!
These are ALL apps that I use and highly recommend!
6. Get 5¢ off your order for each reusable grocery bag
For every reusable bag you provide to take home your Target purchases, you'll get 5¢ off your order. Or if you don't have your own – snag one at Target for 99¢!
8. Target price matches competitors
If you find something at another store for less than Target, Target will price match that item. (Several rules and restrictions apply)
Target's most current price match policy states that they will:
- Match the price on Target.com (believe it or not those differ sometimes!)
- Match Competitor's Online Prices
- Match Competitor's Local Print Ads
- The item must be the identical item, brand name, size, weight, color, quantity and model number. It must be in stock at the time of Price Match for approved online competitors.
- Price Match refunds are given within 14 days of purchase
During the holidays these savings can really add up, because you can price match a sale item on Amazon and use any coupons you might have (they are applied after price match savings).
9. Don't miss the Target One Spot deals.
10. Use Coupons!
It's basically printing out cash for yourself from your home printer. You can find out which coupons match up to this week's Target Deals HERE – or check out the newest coupons available to print here.
What other tips do you have for how to save money at Target? Leave a comment to share – I love hearing from you!
Here are some other store saving tips you might like:
- 15 Secrets You Need to Know Before Shopping Walmart
- 9 Secrets to Shopping Hobby Lobby
- 7 Secrets You Need To Know Before Shopping Michaels
- 10 Things You Need to Know Before Shopping TJMaxx
- 22 Items You Need to Look for at Ikea
- 16 Items You Should Be Buying on Amazon
CELEBRATION MENUS & GROCERY LIST!
Download your FREE sample menus today!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.