Love saving money at Target? Don't miss these 10 secrets to save even more!
10 Secrets To Saving at Target
Love shopping Target? Me too! There are a ton of ways to save at Target (which can quickly become overwhelming), but with a little patience and determination you can learn all the best ways to save while you're there. Here are my top 10 ways to save every time you shop Target.
1. Get the Target Redcard
The benefits of having a Target Red card include discounts and convenience, among other things. Plus you do NOT need to sign up for a Target Redcard Credit Card to get these benefits – you will get the SAME benefits with a RedCard Debit Card (it just connects to your bank account like a normal debit card).
5% OFF Every Day
One great benefit of having the Target Redcard is the ability to save 5% OFF anything you buy online or in stores. Even at Starbucks!
Many people's FAVORITE reason to apply for the Target Red Card is the FREE Shipping on any online purchase!
Target Redcard members will enjoy exclusive discounts on items – check your Target App to see what special discounts are available to you each week in store! For example – this week Redcard holders can save 20% OFF Men's or Women's Shoes, 20% OFF Books, and 10% OFF Headphones.
Target Redcard holders get an extra 30 Days to return items
2. Take advantage of Gift Card Deals.
Target offers various gift card deals every week. Most of the time it will be on certain items like household, personal care, yogurt or health and beauty products. You will need to download the coupon on your circle app. You can use manufacturer coupons and circle coupons in addition to getting the gift card. To make the savings even greater you can roll your gift cards.
3. Save even more with Target Circle Coupons & Loyalty Program.
The new program will give everyone 1% back on purchases, and 5% back on your birthday when you order online, enter your phone number in-store at checkout, or scan your wallet app. (REDcard holders will still get 5% off all purchases.)
Target Circle also gives you discounts and special offers, found in your wallet in the Target App. (see an example above)
4. If you have a Smartphone, screenshot mobile offers.
5. Watch for Target Clearance Markdowns
- Monday – Accessories, Books, Baby & Stationary, Kids Clothing, Electronics
- Tuesday – Food, Pet Supplies & Women's Clothing
- Wednesday – Diapers, Furniture, Health & Beauty, Lawn & Garden, Men's Clothing
- Thursday – Decor & Luggage, Housewares, Lingerie, Shoes, Sporting Goods, Toys
- Friday – Auto, Cosmetics, Hardware, Home Goods, Jewelry
TIP: Sometimes the clearance items are actually lower than they say. For instance, if the sticker says 50% OFF it may have gone 70% OFF already but just not been marked down yet. Use the price checker to confirm the true markdown on any clearance purchases!
5. Use coupon and rebate apps
Usually there are a lot of deals through rebate apps at Target you can use in addition to other discounts!
These are ALL apps that I use and highly recommend!
6. Get 5¢ off your order for each reusable grocery bag
For every reusable bag you provide to take home your Target purchases, you'll get 5¢ off your order. Or if you don't have your own – snag one at Target for 99¢!
8. Target price matches competitors
If you find something at another store for less than Target, Target will price match that item. (Several rules and restrictions apply)
Target's most current price match policy states that they will:
- Match the price on Target.com (believe it or not those differ sometimes!)
- Match Competitor's Online Prices
- Match Competitor's Local Print Ads
- The item must be the identical item, brand name, size, weight, color, quantity and model number. It must be in stock at the time of Price Match for approved online competitors.
- Price Match refunds are given within 14 days of purchase
During the holidays these savings can really add up, because you can price match a sale item on Amazon and use any coupons you might have (they are applied after price match savings).
9. Don't miss the Target One Spot deals.
10 . Use Coupons!
TARGET BACK TO SCHOOL!
2021 Home Planner SNEAK PEEK!
Download your FREE 2021 Home Planner SNEAK PEEK now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.