Here's a super easy Slow Cooker Sloppy Joes recipe that you can put together in less than 15 minutes – super quick and delicious!
Here's a super easy Slow Cooker Sloppy Joes recipe that definitely helped make dinnertime run smoothly at our house! I served them with baked potatoes and corn on the cob. . . super easy, and I only spent 15 minutes in the kitchen. (Love that!)
If you've never tried sloppy joes in the slow cooker and are used to using the canned sauce, I'd love to hear how you like this recipe!
Slow Cooker Sloppy Joes
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped red pepper
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 bottle chili sauce 12 oz
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire
- buns we served on Sara Lee dinner rolls ~ they were perfect!
- Cook beef, onion and red pepper in skillet on medium heat until meat is cooked.
- Add meat to slow cooker.
- Add everything else (except the buns!) to slow cooker and cook on low 3-4 hours.
Can I use Ground Turkey or Chicken in this Sloppy Joe Recipe?
You can absolutely use something other than ground beef in this recipe. Ground turkey or chicken would likely work best and may only slightly change the flavor. You may even be able to use a plant-based ground “beef” substitute!
And if you're looking for more slow cooker recipes, here are several more:
- Slow Cooker Meat Loaf
- Slow Cooker Ham
- Slow Cooker Chicken and Noodle Soup
- Slow Cooker French Onion Soup
- Slow Cooker Chicken & Dumplings
- Slow Cooker Monkey Bread
- The BEST Slow Cooker Pot Roast
Need a new slow cooker to get started? Here our our favorite slow cookers! Let us know if you try this recipe or others and if you enjoyed it.
You can always find more family friendly recipes right here!
LOW CALORIE MENU PLAN SAMPLE!
Download 3 FREE recipes from the low calorie menu plan NOW!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.