This Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken recipe has been on my slow-cookin' Pinterest board forever, but when my friend Mary mentioned last week that she tried it out and loved it, I knew I needed to make it at our house too! And, when I looked over what was in my pantry and fridge yesterday to make dinner, I realized this is one of those simple recipes that calls for ingredients I already had at home. (I love that.)
While I love coupon shopping, I absolutely hate making a second trip for things that weren't on my list the first time around, so if I can find a meal with what I have at home I'm always so happy to try it out. This one was great for a busy weeknight meal, and having Mrs. Potts do the cooking after I spent five minutes filling her up of course makes life easier around here. Let me know what you think if you make it for dinner sometime soon!
Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast can be frozen
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Place chicken in the crock pot.
- Sprinkle taco seasoning over chicken.
- Mix together soup and salsa and pour over chicken.
- Cook on high 3-4 hours or low 6-8 hours.
- Shred chicken and mix in sour cream.
- Serve on tortillas, or you could use it as a dip with chips or even over rice.
Here are a few sales that you’ll want to watch for this week on these items if you don’t have them at home:
- $0.50/1 Daisy Sour Cream (Ibotta Deposit), or $0.50/1, $0.45/1 Daisy Cottage Cheese, exp. 6/1/13 (SS 03/10/13)
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts $2.99/lb at Publix
- Kroger Chicken Breasts or Tenderloins Frozen 2.5-3 lb bag $6.99
- Casa Mamita Salsa $1.69 at Aldi's
Recipe adapted from Mostly Homemade Mom. Thanks to I Heart Publix for the coupon matchups, and check out $5 Dinner Mom for more bargain meal deals! If you need a little more menu inspiration, go HERE.
CELEBRATION MENUS & GROCERY LIST!
Download your FREE sample menus today!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.