Slow Cooker Chicken RoTel Dip
Let me introduce you to my kids' FOREVER FAVORITE recipe – the Chicken Rotel Dip. I started adding chicken to make it hearty enough to fill up my crew and now I never want to go back! As you can tell, I might like it a teensy bit too…
Earlier this week my twelve-year old was in charge of making pancakes for his little sister's birthday. He did such a great job, but after mixing the batter in the Kitchenaid (he didn't know you could mix it by hand), making a pancake the entire size of the griddle (he didn't understand how quickly it would expand while he was dumping . . . his sister was thrilled with her 16″ inch round birthday pancake which took three of us to flip over), and cooking up the first batch to a nicely (errrr . . . more than nicely?) browned state, he said: “Seriously, mom . . . cooking should be a sport!”
To which I wisely replied, “Yup, and I do it. Every. single. day.”
Not easily impressed (of course. . . he's twelve, right?), he quickly came back with. . . “No, you don't. You just dump everything in your crockpot and let it do the work.”
Guess he's figured me out. 😉
Here's another easy recipe that requires absolutely no skill at all so long as you can dump stuff in that crockpot of yours. Because we all know us moms never do any work. (ahem.)
Slow Cooker Chicken Ro-Tel Dip
- 1 can Rotel
- 1 lb. Velveeta
- 2 cooked chicken breasts shredded (or substitute with canned chicken)
- 1/3 sour cream
- 1/4 cup green onion
- 1 1/2 tbsp. taco seasoning mix
- 2 tablespoons jalapeno pepper
- 1 cup black beans drained
- Mix all ingredients in slow cooker.
- Cook on high until cheese has melted, 1-2 hours.
- Stir in black beans, reduce to low.
- Cook an additional 15 minutes.
- Serve over tortilla chips.
Looking for more slow cooker recipes to add to your menu plan this week? Here you go . . .
- Day 1: Slow Cooker Meat Loaf
- Day 2: Slow Cooker French Dip Sandwiches
- Day 3: Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Sliders
- Day 4: Slow Cooker Ham
- Day 5: Slow Cooker Chicken and Noodle Soup
- Day 6: Slow Cooker Mug Brownies
- Day 7 : Slow Cooker French Onion Soup
- Day 8 Slow Cooker Ham & Cheese Melts
- Day 9: Slow Cooker Chicken & Dumplings
- Day 10: Slow Cooker Monkey Bread
- Day 11: Slow Cooker Beef Fajitas
- Day 12: BEST Slow Cooker Pot Roast
- Day 13: Slow Cooker Sloppy Joes
- Day 14: Slow Cooker Cream Cheese Chicken Chili
- Day 15: Slow Cooker Cream Italian Beef Sliders
- Day 16: Slow Cooker Ravioli
- Day 17: Slow Cooker Italian Chicken
- Day 18: Slow Cooker Barbecue Ribs
LOW CALORIE MENU PLAN SAMPLE!
Download 3 FREE recipes from the low calorie menu plan NOW!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.