Looking for more penny pinched recipes? Here you go!
We made this recipe from Eat at Home Cooks two weeks ago and I loved it, so much so that while visiting my in-laws I made it for them again last night! It's such an easy way to cook up a bunch of veggies, and since the sauce is gluten free (my mother-in-law eats a gluten free diet), we easily cooked up gluten free pasta to make a simple gluten free meal for her too.
I've just about decided it's my new go-to simple crockpot meal because it tastes great, and there's just nothing like coming home to a home smelling like a yummy Italian meal. It's an easy way to change out every day spaghetti, and we'll definitely add it to our menu plan at least once a month!
Slow Cooker Chicken Cacciatore (adapted from Eat at Home Cooks)
- 1-2 pounds frozen chicken tenders
- 1 sliced onion
- 1 sliced green pepper
- 1 sliced red pepper
- 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 6 ounce can tomato paste
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lb cooked pasta
- Place frozen chicken in the bottom of slow cooker.
- Add sliced onion and green peppers on top of the chicken.
- Mixed together crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, garlic, Italian seasoning, and salt and pepper, then pour sauce over chicken and veggies.
- Cook on low 7 hours or high 4-5 hours.
- Serve over pasta with fresh parmesan cheese and enjoy!
If you need a little more menu inspiration, go HERE.
LOW CALORIE MENU PLAN SAMPLE!
Download 3 FREE recipes from the low calorie menu plan NOW!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.