As I shared earlier this week, we've tried out some incredibly yummy recipes with Hurst Family Harvest Beans. This weekend we tried out their Tri Bean Soup Mix, and it was so good, the perfect to meal to come home to all cooked and ready to go on Sunday after church. You can often grab Hurst Family Beans at Publix for around $1.99, and they're such a simple way to feed your family a healthy complete meal.
(The Hurst White Bean Chicken Chili is also SO delicious!)
Slow Cooked Ham & Bean Family Beans
- 1 pkg Hurst Family Harvest Homestyle Tri Bean Soup Mix
- 1 Large Onion
- 2 Cloves Chopped Garlic Cloves or 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 Cup Diced Ham
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Mustard Powder
- 6 cups Water
- Rinse and sort through the beans and set aside Hurst Family Harvest seasoning packet
- Place beans into large pot and cover with two inches of water
- Soak beans overnight or for at least 5-6 hours
- Rinse beans and add to crockpot. Then add onion, garlic, ham, salt, mustard powder & water
- Cook in slow cooker 4 hours on high or 7-8 on low
- Add seasoning packet, cook an additional fifteen minutes
What to serve with Ham & Bean Soup?
We love having homemade cornbread with this soup, but feel free to grab a quick mix too. It's great crumbled up in the soup!
Find more family friendly recipes your family will love!
LOW CALORIE MENU PLAN SAMPLE!
Download 3 FREE recipes from the low calorie menu plan NOW!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.