As I shared earlier this week, we've tried out some incredibly yummy recipes with Hurst Family Harvest Beans. This weekend we tried out their Tri Bean Soup Mix, and it was so good, the perfect to meal to come home to all cooked and ready to go on Sunday after church. Right now you can get Hurst Family Beans at Publix for just $1.99, and they're such a simple way to feed your family a healthy complete meal.
Take a minute to enter to win the $25 Publix Gift Card & Hurst Family Harvest Giveaway, and be sure to pick up a bag of Hurst Family Beans the next time you're out and about to pop in your slow cooker. (You'll also want to try out this Hurst White Bean Chicken Chili . . . delicious!)
Slow Cooked Ham & Bean Family Beans
- 1 package Hurst Family Harvest Homestyle Tri Bean Soup Mix
- 1 large onion
- 2 cloves chopped garlic or 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1/2 cup diced ham
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. mustard powder
- 6 cups water
- Rinse and sort through the beans and set aside Hurst Family Harvest seasoning packet. Place beans into large pot and cover with two inches of water.
- Soak beans overnight or for at least 5-6 hours.
- Rinse beans and add to crockpot. Then add onion, garlic, ham, salt, mustard powder & water.
- Cook in slow cooker 4 hours on high or 7-8 on low.
- Add seasoning packet, cook an additional fifteen minutes
Serve with . . .
Cornbread We used Krusteaz Cornbread mix which is on sale at Publix in the Yellow Advantage Buy Flier for just $1.50
Visit I Heart Publix for more coupon matchups, and check out $5 Dinner Mom for more bargain meal deals. If you need a little more menu inspiration, check out the Recipe Gallery, and you can also see more recipe ideas over on my Pinterest board!
Interact with 7677+ Penny Pinchers on Facebook and Twitter or Subscribe to Passionate Penny Pincher by email to keep up with all the penny pinchin’ deals!
2021 Home Planner SNEAK PEEK!
Download your FREE 2021 Home Planner SNEAK PEEK now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.