FREE HOME PLANNING
This delicious meal uses only 5 ingredients and most work is done in the slow cooker. Try this Crockpot French Onion Chicken tonight!
Crockpot French Onion Chicken
If you're searching for a homemade comfort meal that is easy to make, delicious, and not full of complicated ingredients, this French Onion Chicken is THE ONE. It's made right in the slow cooker and finished on the broiler to get the cheese gooey and just PERFECT. Grab your 5 ingredients and let's get cooking!
French Onion Chicken Ingredients:
- chicken breast (boneless, skinless)
- yellow onion
- onion soup mix
- french onion soup (condensed)
- swiss cheese (thick sliced)
MENU TIP: This slow cooker french onion chicken recipe is from week 2 of our 5 Ingredient menu planning made easy set!
How to make this French Onion Chicken in your CrockPot:
Grab your crockpot and coat it nicely with non-stick spray then place your chicken in the bottom. Dice your onions thinly (the thinner the better!) and put them over the chicken. Sprinkle your onion soup over that mixture, then put the French onion soup on top of all of that.
Cover your crockpot and cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4. This is a great meal to have on hand if you're going to be gone most of the day!
Once the crockpot is done cooking, coat a baking dish with cooking spray and get your broiler warmed up.
Take the cooked chicken and onions out of the crockpot and place into the baking dish with about a half cup of the broth.
Top with Swiss cheese and broil until bubbling – about 2 minutes. Then enjoy!
French Onion Chicken
- 2 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 large yellow onion thinly sliced
- 1 oz onion soup mix we prefer Lipton!
- 10.5 oz condensed French onion soup
- 6 slices swiss cheese thick sliced
- Coat a large slow cooker with cooking spray, and place chicken breasts into an even layer onto bottom of crockpot.
- Layer sliced onion on top of chicken, and sprinkle with onion soup mix.
- Pour French onion soup over top, and place lid onto slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low 8 hours or on high 4 hours.
- Preheat broiler, and coat baking dish with cooking spray.
- Place chicken breasts into baking dish, and add about 1/2 cup broth into the dish.
- Top with chicken breast with the cooked onion and a slice of Swiss chese.
- Broil until melted and bubbling, about 2 minutes. Serve immediately.
If you're looking for a deal on chicken for this recipe, you can get this Perdue Chicken Breast delivered right to your door!
Ideas for what to serve with this Slow Cooker French Onion Chicken?
We love serving this French Onion chicken with a side salad, but any veggie would work! You could also do a baked potato, a side of rice, or Velveeta Broccoli Casserole. Really anything would go with this delicious meal.
Can you freeze this french onion chicken?
Yes! This chicken can be frozen – just make sure that everything is cooled completely then freeze in an airtight container with a label. It should be good for up to 4 months.
Looking for more yummy meals? This recipe is from our 5 ingredient menu plans, including this meal + 59 other AMAZING recipes (and 12 desserts too)! You'll also get lifetime membership in our private Facebook group, full of other families encouraging one another to make dinner each night together too.
Print your Free Monthly Meal Plan Calendar and join us in making yummy food for your family each night.
These are the BEST MENU PLANS on the planet (and, the only menu plan that ship all the grocery lists, menu plans and recipe cards right out to you ~ no downloading or hunting down recipes on your phone at dinnertime ever again!) Go HERE to learn more. I know you're going to love these!
If you need a little more menu inspiration, go HERE.
FREE HOME PLANNING CHECKLISTS!
Download your FREE checklists now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.