This Italian Sausage Stuffed Zucchini recipe is SO delicious and fun to eat. It's also lower in carbs. Try this cheesy delight tonight!
Sausage Stuffed Zucchini
I don't know how a recipe with only 4 ingredients packs so much flavor but these Sausage Stuffed Zucchini definitely do!
The ingredient combination for these just works! You won't be disappointed with this delicious, low carb and fun recipe. 🙂
🍴Menu Note: You can find this Zucchini recipe in week 12 of our Summer Menu Plan Set!
How to make Stuffed Zucchini with Sausage:
- Ground Mild Italian Turkey Sausage (or pork Italian Sausage)
- Canned Diced Tomatoes and Green Chiles
- Grated Parmesan Cheese
Preheat grill to low heat.
Split your zucchini in half lengthwise, and spoon out seeds from zucchini halves.
In a medium bowl, combine sausage, tomatoes and ½ cup Parmesan cheese; mix well. If you like things spicy, you could also use hot Italian sausage, but we went with a milder version. You can also add your salt and pepper to taste.
Next, fill zucchini halves evenly with sausage mixture, pressing gently; sprinkle tops with remaining ¼ cup cheese.
Finally, grill, covered with grill lid, 45 minutes or until sausage is no longer pink.
We love these stuffed zucchini boats and make them all summer long! 🙂
Can you make Italian Sausage Stuffed Zucchini ahead of time?
Yes! I've done this several times and it works out perfectly. Just follow the instructions on assembling the zucchini shells and refrigerate them until you're ready to grill them. I recommend only doing this the day you will cook them.
Grilled Sausage Stuffed Zucchini
- 6 large zucchini, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 lb ground mild Italian turkey sausage (or pork Italian sausage)
- ¾ cup canned diced tomatoes and green chiles, drained
- ¾ cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- Preheat grill to low heat.
- Spoon out seeds from zucchini halves.
- In a medium bowl, combine sausage, tomatoes and ½ cup Parmesan cheese; mix well.
- Fill zucchini halves evenly with sausage mixture, pressing gently; sprinkle tops with remaining ¼ cup cheese.
- Grill, covered with grill lid, 45 minutes or until sausage is no longer pink.
You can find this Italian sausage stuffed zucchini recipe (along with 59 other delicious recipes!) in our summer menu plan! Purchasing the menu plan will also give you membership to our private Facebook group. It's full of the MOST encouraging people on the planet!
Looking for more Zucchini recipes? Here are a few of our favorites!
LOW CALORIE MENU PLAN SAMPLE!
Download 3 FREE recipes from the low calorie menu plan NOW!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.