This Italian Sausage Stuffed Zucchini recipe is SO delicious and fun to eat. It's also lower in carbs. Try this cheesy delight tonight!
Sausage Stuffed Zucchini – Great for ANY Time of Year!
I don't know how a recipe with only 4 ingredients packs so much flavor but these Sausage Stuffed Zucchini definitely do!
The ingredient combination for these just works! You won't be disappointed with this delicious, low carb and fun recipe. 🙂
🍴Menu Note: You can find this Zucchini recipe in week 12 of our Summer Menu Plan Set!
- ground mild Italian turkey sausage (or pork Italian sausage)
- canned diced tomatoes and green chiles
- grated parmesan cheese
Here's how to make these delicious sausage stuffed zucchini:
Preheat grill to low heat. If you don't have a grill available, you can use a grill pan inside too.
Split the zucchini in half lengthwise, and spoon out seeds from zucchini halves.
In a medium bowl, combine sausage, tomatoes and ½ cup Parmesan cheese; mix well. If you like things spicy, you could also use hot Italian sausage, but we went with a milder version. You can also add your salt and pepper to taste.
Next, fill zucchini halves evenly with sausage mixture, pressing gently; sprinkle tops with remaining ¼ cup cheese.
Finally, grill, covered with grill lid, 45 minutes or until sausage is no longer pink.
We love these stuffed zucchini boats and make them all year long! 🙂
Can you make Italian Sausage Stuffed Zucchini ahead of time?
Yes! I've done this several times and it works out perfectly. Just follow the instructions on assembling the zucchini shells and refrigerate them until you're ready to make them. I recommend only doing this the day you will cook them.
Grilled Sausage Stuffed Zucchini
- 6 large zucchini, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 lb ground mild Italian turkey sausage (or pork Italian sausage)
- ¾ cup canned diced tomatoes and green chiles, drained
- ¾ cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- Preheat grill to low heat.
- Spoon out seeds from zucchini halves.
- In a medium bowl, combine sausage, tomatoes and ½ cup Parmesan cheese; mix well.
- Fill zucchini halves evenly with sausage mixture, pressing gently; sprinkle tops with remaining ¼ cup cheese.
- Grill, covered with grill lid, 45 minutes or until sausage is no longer pink.
You can find this Italian sausage stuffed zucchini recipe (along with 59 other delicious recipes!) in our summer menu plan! Purchasing the menu plan will also give you membership to our private Facebook group. It's full of the MOST encouraging people on the planet!