This Cobb salad recipe kicks it up a notch by adding barbecue pork to the mix. It's the best combination that you've just GOT to try!
Cobb Salad with Barbecue Pork
This delicious Cobb salad features a TON of flavor with the addition of barbecue pork! This recipe is a perfect one to have on a busy night as most of the work is done by the slow cooker. You can also customize this all to your own – just use your favorite flavors and dressings!
What is in a Cobb salad?
Typically a Cobb salad is loaded with lettuce, onion, cheese, and yummy toppings (bacon and avocado anyone?). Our salad features smoky flavors from barbecue sauce and pork tenderloin and it is delicious.
MENU TIP: This Barbecue Pork Cobb Salad recipe is from week 4 of our slow cooker volume 2 menu planning made easy set!
Here's how to make a Cobb salad:
Start by greasing your slow cooker and then mix together your sauce. You'll need to mix barbecue sauce, garlic powder, and paprika together and then add that to your pork tenderloin. Coat the meat well and then add to your slow cooker. Cover and cook the meat on low for 4 – 5 hours or until the pork is tender.
Once your pork is cooked, remove from the slow cooker and shred. Mix 2 cups of barbecue sauce from the slow cooker back into the meat. Remove half of the pork for a barbecue pork sliders recipe!
Slice your romaine lettuce and place on a large serving platter. Arrange the pork, bacon, vegetables, avocado, eggs, cheese and croutons over lettuce and drizzle with dressing to serve.
Barbecue Pork Cobb Salad
- 3 lbs pork tenderloin
- 18 oz bottle barbecue sauce
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 12 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 12 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 2 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup sliced red onions
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 avocados, peeled and chopped
- 3 hard-boiled large eggs, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup croutons
- salad dressing of your choice
- In a greased slow cooker, mix barbecue sauce, garlic powder and paprika. Add pork, turning to coat. Cover and cook on low 4-5 hours or until pork is tender.
- Remove pork from the slow cooker and shred. Mix 2 cups barbecue sauce from slow cooker back into the meat. Reserve half of pork for barbecue pork sliders recipe.
- Place romaine on a large serving platter; arrange shredded pork, bacon, vegetables, avocado, eggs, cheese and croutons over lettuce. Drizzle with dressing to serve.
- Note: Nutritional information does not include dressing.
Looking for more yummy meals? This recipe is from week four of our slow cooker volume 2 menu plans, including this meal + 59 other AMAZING recipes (and 12 desserts too)! You'll also get lifetime membership in our private Facebook group, full of other families encouraging one another to make dinner each night together too.
Print your Free Monthly Meal Plan Calendar and join us in making yummy food for your family each night.
These are the BEST MENU PLANS on the planet (and, the only menu plan that ship all the grocery lists, menu plans and recipe cards right out to you ~ no downloading or hunting down recipes on your phone at dinnertime ever again!) Go HERE to learn more. I know you're going to love these!
If you need a little more menu inspiration, go HERE.
A HUGE thank you to Kelly and Melody in our PPP Supper Club Private Facebook Group for sharing her picture of the barbecue pork Cobb salad. We all love this one! Would you love to be part of our menu planning community? Order any of our menu plans from the Passionate Penny Pincher Shop and you'll get free lifetime membership. It's the happiest meal-plan-making-corner of the internet!