This weekend we finished up our 12 Days of Christmas Baking series making Peanut Butter Buckeye Balls, and oh my goodness, they are soooooo good!
Peanut Butter Buckeye Balls Recipe
If you haven't made peanut butter buckeyes before, you have got to add them to your list this year! They're a little time consuming, but soooooo worth the effort. Even before moving to Ohio we loved them, but now that we really are in Buckeye country we've decided they're one of those things we've just got to make. 🙂
Here's my favorite recipe for these . . .
5 Ingredient Peanut Butter Buckeyes
- 1 1/2 cups Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 pound powdered sugar (about 3 1/2 cups)
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
1 . Cream together peanut butter and butter in mixer.
2 . Add 2 cups powdered sugar, and mix until blended. Then add additional powdered sugar as needed to make the peanut butter mixture stiff enough to mold into peanut butter balls and stay on a toothpick when dipped into chocolate.
3 . Roll into balls and refrigerate until firm (about 15 minutes.)
4 . Meanwhile, using double boiler (or makeshift double boiler like mine shown above), heat water to simmering. Then melt chocolate chips and shortening in bowl sitting on top of the simmering water. Stir frequently until smooth
5 . Using toothpick, dip peanut butter balls into chocolate leaving some peanut butter showing at the top to resemble buckeyes, then set on wax paper.
6 . Shake off excess chocolate.
Download your free 12 Days of Christmas Baking Grocery List and Cookbook over HERE if you didn't get the chance already ~ I've so enjoyed making everything this week (and hope you've made a few too!) I'm amazed at how much easier it is to get ready for Christmas with a plan in place, and having this list has just made Christmas easier at our house this year.
- Christmas Baking Day 1: Hello Dolly Bars
- Christmas Baking Day 2: Muddy Buddy Chex Mix
- Christmas Baking Day 3: Slow Cooker Christmas Candy
- Christmas Baking Day 4: Perfect Peanut Butter Fudge
- Christmas Baking Day 5: Homemade Cinnabons
- Christmas Baking Day 6: Christmas Crack
- Christmas Baking Day 7: No Bake Reese’s Peanut Butter Bars
- Christmas Baking Day 8: Peppermint Fudge
- Christmas Baking Day 9: Best Chocolate Chip Cookies EVER
- Christmas Baking Day 10: Easiest Fudge EVER
- Christmas Baking Day 11: Happy Birthday Jesus Cake
Looking for more Christmas recipes to try out this Christmas? Here are a few more of our favorites . . .
- Peppermint Glazed Chocolate Cake
- Simply Delicious Peanut Butter Fudge
- Easy Marshmallow Fudge
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
- Homemade Chex Mix
- Peanut Butter Fudge Iced Brownies
Looking for more penny pinched dessert ideas? Here you go.
THE ULTIMATE PRICE COMPARISON SHEET
Download your FREE cheat sheet now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.