Looking for more penny pinched recipes? Here you go!
My kids love (love!) Fettuccine Alfredo. And since we don't visit Olive Garden all that often, I thought it would be a fun first day of school meal to make at home. It was perfect, and my youngest even pronounced it “better than Tellini's” (which is where they usually get their Alfredo fix ~ on Kids Eat for $.99 Weekends!)
It doesn't require any fancy ingredients, and after making it I won't be buying prepared Alfredo Sauce every again ~ it's just so easy to do it at home! So, instead of heading out for dinner this week, pinch a few pennies and try out a restaurant meal at home. Serve it up with a side salad, homemade breadsticks, and maybe even this Slow Cooker Pasta Fagioli Soup. . . .Yum!
Olive Garden Fettucine Alfredo
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 tbsp cream cheese
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- black pepper
- 2/3 cup grated parmesan we like the Digiorno brand in the deli
- 1 lb fettuccine noodles cooked
- Melt butter in stovetop over low heat.
- Once butter has melted, add cream cheese until it softens.
- Then add heavy cream.
- Add garlic powder, as well as salt and pepper to taste.
- Simmer for 15-20 minutes, stirring constantly over low heat.
- Remove from heat & stir in Parmesan cheese ~ will thicken a small bit while standing.
- Serve on hot fettucine noodles.
Here are the best sales I see to watch for this week (as of 8/21/13):
- Ronzoni Pasta BOGO $1.50 at Publix
- Fresh Express Salad Blend BOGO $3.99 at Publix
- Pepperidge Farm Texas Toast BOGO $2.39 at Publix, use $.55/1 Texas Toast
- Barilla Pasta $1 at Kroger, use $.55/1 Barilla coupon from the 6/30 Smart Source insert
THE ULTIMATE PRICE COMPARISON SHEET
Download your FREE cheat sheet now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.