I'm pretty sure I've tried every hardwood floor cleaner product known to man, but was so excited today when I found just two simple ingredients (which I already had on hand) did a fantastic job on my hardwood floors! In the past I've tried the Bruce and Bona cleaners, but I've always been left with a streaky film, so I was so thrilled that this actually works. If you need to clean those floors with some penny pinched cleaner, here you go:
- 1 gallon water
- 1 cup vinegar
- Mix together water and vinegar.
- Using a rag, lightly cover your floor with the vinegar water mixture. (You want it just lightly damp as not to harm your hardwood floors.)
- Mop the floor using your favorite mop (I love my Sh-Mop that my mother-in-law bought for me ten years ago ~ it works so well and is easy to maneuver)
That's it! As always, be sure to test the mixture on a small hidden area of the floor to make sure it works fine, but you shouldn't have any problems with this one. The same mixture will also work well on tile and vinyl flooring as well. If you have other suggestions on how to clean those floors (without breaking the bank on expensive cleaner!), I'd love to hear them.
Looking for more penny pinched cleaning ideas? Here are my favorites:
- Homemade 2 Ingredient Carpet Stain Remover
- Homemade Soap Scum Remover
- Homemade Window Cleaner
- How to Clean a Dry Erase Board
- Homemade Heating Pad
This post is linked up to Living Well Spending Less Thrifty Thursday. Thanks for the chance to link up!
SUMMER MENUS & GROCERY LIST!
Download your FREE summer menus & grocery list now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.