FREE BUDGET WORKSHEET DOWNLOAD!
New to saving at Target? Here's a quick tutorial showing how to coupon at Target. It's really easy to save a TON – mostly with your phone!
How to Coupon at Target – Use these EASY tips to Save More!
I've received dozens of emails over the years asking for more information on how to coupon at Target, so I decided it might be helpful for you to have a nice step by step tutorial!
Target promotions do vary a bit by area, but they're generally pretty similar nationwide so hopefully the deals and the Target updates you find here on PPP will work at your local store.
Here are the top ways how to coupon at Target:
First – Get the Target App!
Back in the hay days of couponing, Target used to offer mobile coupons where you could text a certain number and get coupons sent to your phone. They also offered Target Printable coupons as store coupons. They've really phased both of these programs out over the past few years as they now hold all of their specific Target coupons in their app. It's SO easy to use too!
Target in app coupons CAN be used with manufacturer coupons too – as long as they are Target store coupons and have no other restrictions on them.
You can REALLY save huge using the Target coupons in the app (now called Target Circle!). You'll see promotions on fruit, vegetables, meats, frozen foods, household items and more. Sometimes you'll even get a $10 off a $50 purchase that can be used on almost anything.
You can also use the Target App to get Target Curbside Pickup – which is a WONDERFUL addition if you just need a few things and don't want to get distracted by all the awesome items in store 🙂
Is Target Cartwheel gone?
If you've been a loyal couponer at Target for awhile, you'll remember Target Cartwheel! This was Target's first try at a application based program for mobile couponing. They have gotten rid of Target Cartwheel and now hold all of their Target coupons in the Target App – using the Target Circle program.
The Target Circle coupons are extra little Target coupons you can use in addition to your manufacturer coupons. There's also a place to search for specific coupons at the top of the page, and you just click on the coupon to add it to your cart. You can also stack these savings with dollar off and Target gift card promotions.
A few more tips for saving at Target:
- Sign up for the Target RedCard – you'll automatically get 5% off your Target purchases and FREE shipping (and you can get it as a debit card, so no need for a traditional credit card – LOVE that!)
- Keep an eye out for Target Clearance – you can use coupons on TOP of already marked down items
- Target offers fantastic gift card offers every week. You'll get a Target card when you buy a specific amount of items. And MANY times these items have coupons available to use too.
- You can even roll those gift card deals to do more of a similar deal. For example, if you purchase one item that gives you a gift card at Target, you can use that gift card to score more of the same deals ~ love that!
Target Price Match Guarantee
Target will match the price if you buy a qualifying item at Target then find the identical item for less at Target.com, select online competitors, or in Target’s or competitor’s local print ad. This is valid for up to 14 days after you purchase too – so that's a great point to keep in mind as you keep an eye on sales.
Target Coupon Policy
I've heard chatter recently that some stores were being a little more strict on printable coupons. If you use coupons quite a bit, it's always best to print out the full coupon policy to have with you if there are any questions.
Here are a few top points from the Target Coupon policy:
Manufacturer and Target Coupons
- Only one manufacturer coupon (paper or digital), one Target coupon (paper or digital), and one Target Circle offer can be combined per item.
- We have the right to refuse, or limit the use of any coupon and/or the subsequent return for any reason, including if guests' reoccurring behavior becomes disruptive or the items are deemed not to be for the purpose of using or gifting.
- Limit of 4 identical coupons per household, per day (unless otherwise noted on coupon).
- We do not accept expired coupons.
- We do not give cash back nor do we apply any overages to the remaining items in the transaction if the value of a coupon is greater than the purchase value of the item.
- Manufacturer coupons are not accepted on mobile phones, with the exception of Target Circle manufacturer coupons.
- Target coupons and Target Circle offers cannot be used on products sold by CVS.
Internet (Print-at-Home) Coupons
- We gladly accept valid internet coupons with a scannable barcode.
- We do not accept internet coupons for free items with no purchase requirements.Category and Storewide Coupons
- Only one Category/Storewide Coupon per guest can be used for any individual item, unless otherwise noted on the coupon.
- Only one Storewide coupon per guest can be used per transaction.
- If redeeming more than one coupon for different categories or storewide coupons, you must meet the purchase requirements for each coupon individually.
Buy One Get One Free Coupons (BOGO)
- BOGO coupons cannot be combined (i.e. you cannot use two BOGO coupons on two items and get both for free). Unless stated otherwise on the coupon, the use of one Buy One Get One Free coupon requires that two of the valid items are presented at checkout of which one item will be charged to the guest and the 2nd item will be discounted by its full retail price.
Love shopping Target? Here are 10 secrets for How to Save money at Target!
What other tips do you have for how to save at Target? Leave a comment to share ~ I'd love to hear your suggestions!
See all the top deals at Target this week.
FREE BUDGET WORKSHEET!
Download your FREE worksheet now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.