A few weeks ago I shared how important it is to first declutter before you start fluffing your home for fall.
I'm so glad I did.
I shared my “kitchen clutter rules” a few weeks ago, which just makes decluttering a wee bit easier around here.
So I waited and waited and waited until I really had time to declutter before finally decorating a little for fall. (September 22nd feels way too late to me!)
Here's what I used:
- an old scarf from my closet
- a glass jar I've had forever (found it at Ikea)
- some old spriggy vines (from Hobby Lobby)
- a cutting board a friend gifted to me
- some pears that I found on clearance at Kroger (I sprayed them with hair spray after a few folks recommended that on Facebook Live yesterday to keep the fruit flies away)
- 3 white pumpkins
Initially I was going to use the “give grace” sign in the dining room, but it felt too cluttered. I scooted it to the family room and it worked perfectly.
View this post on Instagram
DONE. I've seen a few crazy decorators over on Instagram and Pinterest going all out (which is amazing for them!), but for me, this is plenty to make our home feel a little more loved without all of our “stuff” feeling overwhelming to me. Success!
Do you decorate for fall? Do you decorate a ton, or are just a few things all you need to feel ready for seasons to change? I'd love to hear what you do ~ leave a comment to share!
CELEBRATION MENUS & GROCERY LIST!
Download your FREE sample menus today!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.