FREE WHOLE FOODS
This gorgeous DIY bunny garland is made using book paper and is the perfect craft for spring. So many ways to use this and it's just DARLING!
DIY Bunny Garland using Book Pages – So CUTE for Spring!
Laura here! I have a confession: decorating for Easter is a bit of a challenge for me.
So much of the décor you see in stores is so colorful and cutesy – my three year old daughter adores it! But sometimes it just doesn’t go with my…aesthetic. Where can I find the balance of cute + stylish and not have my shelves look like the Easter bunny threw up everywhere?
My friends, this book page bunny garland is it! Here’s the scoop on how to make your own bunny garland (spoiler alert – I did it for less than $5 and less than an hour!)
Supplies needed for Bunny Garland
- An old book (I personally chose one old enough that the pages had yellowed and the text style wasn’t very modern)
- White pom poms (size is up to you – big or small tails)
- Twine or thin ribbon
- Hole punch
- Hot glue gun
- Bunny cutout
How To Make A Bunny Garland
1. Begin by tearing or cutting pages out of your book (you don’t need a ton – my garland ended up with 9 bunnies, so 9 pages total). If you don’t have an old book, this would be so cute on scrapbook paper!
2. Trace your bunny template onto the pages of the book and cut them out.
3. Once cut, use your hole punch to create one hole in each ear. Make sure your holes are even and around the same spot on each bunny.
4. Next, grab your hot glue gun and put a dot of glue onto a pom pom, and stick to your bunny towards the bottom to give him a tail!
5. Finally, thread your twine through the holes and hang! This garland is adorable hung on the mantle (I layered mine with an egg garland like this one). If you don’t have a mantle, this is also perfect to adorn a large mirror, TV cabinet, staircase, etc.
There you have it! Such a fun project and could easily be done during an episode of Grey’s Anatomy!
Other Easter Craft Ideas
Here are some of our other favorite Easter crafts & DIYs!