FREE HOME PLANNING
I recently came across this post from The Craft Patch on the cutest little DIY napkin rings that I just had to try for myself. So I ran out to Hobby Lobby and got the following supplies – I lucked out too because the wooden knobs were on sale ~ I love it when that happens!
Here's what I used:
- WoodPile Ball Knobs 1 1/2in
- WoodPile Dowell Cap 1 1/4in
- Wood Rings 1.89in (2 packs)
- WoodPile Wood Bow Ties (3.66in x 0.63in)
- Hot Glue Gun
- Sharp Scissors
- Paint (Optional)
- Brush (Optional)
And here's how to make them ~ they're really so simple!
- Take the 1 1/4in bead, hot glue the bottom (where the opening is) attach it to the larger knob at the top **NOT the side with the opening**
- Next you'll take one of the Bow Ties and cut it in half **I found that it was easier to do, and didn't split the wood, if I started to cut on one side, flipped it and finished cutting through on the other side.
- Once you have your two ‘ears' glue a line about halfway up the ‘head' of the bunny and stick your ears on, I put them on with a little bit of an angle. **You will have to hold the ears there for a minute while they start to dry.
- Now that you have your ears attached, you'll just take the Wooden Ring and Bunny and put a decent amount of glue in the crevice where the two knobs attach, and attach the wooden ring, once again you'll have to hold it in place while it starts to dry.
- This step is optional – you can either leave them with the natural wood look OR you can paint them.
View this post on Instagram
Tell me these aren't just the cutest and simplest napkin rings! In total we were able to make 9 for about $3.00 each – you can't beat that price!
Thanks again to The Craft Patch for this cute craft!
FREE HOME PLANNING CHECKLISTS!
Download your FREE checklists now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.