You are going to LOVE this cheesy chicken recipe. This baked cheesy chicken breast is crunchy and cheesy in every bite!
Cheesy Chicken Recipe
Let's get right to it and talk about this crispy, crunchy and cheesy deliciousness that is this Cheesy Chicken recipe. I've been making this one for probably 25+ years and it's one of our family's favorites.
Besides the fact that this recipe is quite delicious, it's also one that you typically have everything in your pantry so it's easy to make on a whim and it's pure comfort food!
🍽️ MENU TIP: This cheesy chicken recipe is from week 5 of our 5 Ingredients or Less menu plans pack!
Ingredients for this cheesy chicken recipe:
- boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- butter or canola oil
- Italian-style bread crumbs
- shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- grated Parmesan cheese
How to make cheesy chicken breast:
In a small bowl, place 1 minced garlic clove into either 1/2 cup melted butter or canola oil. Let stand about 15-20 minutes to flavor the oil.
In a pie plate, mix bread crumbs, cheeses, salt and pepper together.
Dip chicken, one piece at a time, first in butter then in crumb mixture, turning to coat.
Oh this is going to be delicious!
In a large shallow baking dish, place chicken in a single layer with edges turned under to make a neat roll, pieces not touching.
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Bake about 45 minutes or until a fork can be inserted into chicken with ease and chicken is browned and crispy.
Serve it up with some twice baked potatoes or garlic mashed potatoes from our Sides Dish Menu Plans and dinner is done.
Cheesy Chicken Recipe
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut in half
- ½ cup butter, melted or ½ cup canola oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup Italian-style bread crumbs
- ½ cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In a small bowl, place garlic into either melted butter or oil 15-20 minutes to flavor the oil.
- In a pie plate, mix bread crumbs, cheeses, salt and pepper together.
- Dip chicken, one piece at a time, first in butter then in crumb mixture, turning to coat.
- In a large shallow baking dish, place chicken in a single layer with edges turned under to make a neat roll, pieces not touching.
- Bake about 45 minutes or until fork can be inserted into chicken with ease and chicken is browned and crispy.
Looking for more yummy meals? This recipe is from week five of our 5 ingredient menu plans, including this meal + 59 other AMAZING recipes (and 12 desserts too)! You'll also get lifetime membership in our private Facebook group, full of other families encouraging one another to make dinner each night together too.
Print your Free Monthly Meal Plan Calendar and join us in making yummy food for your family each night.
These are the BEST MENU PLANS on the planet (and, the only menu plan that ship all the grocery lists, menu plans and recipe cards right out to you ~ no downloading or hunting down recipes on your phone at dinnertime ever again!) Go HERE to learn more. I know you're going to love these!
If you need a little more menu inspiration, go HERE.
SUMMER SURVIVAL KIT SAMPLE
Download your FREE recipes now!
I won't send you any spam, ever. Promise.
Leave a Reply